VP, GM of International
Skylight is a technology startup based out of Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our mission is to connect loved ones by creating the world’s simplest products and services that improve family life. We make consumer products, like Skylight Frame and Skylight Calendar, that are loved by millions of people across the globe.
Our founders are former venture capitalists and serial entrepreneurs, who have scaled the business to over $100M in annual revenue while being completely bootstrapped (yes, we’ve been profitable since day 1!). We’re on our way to building a $1B business and international is a big part of that.
Since launching the international business 18 months ago, we have expanded to 34 countries and now have hundreds of thousands of customers outside the US.
The VP, General Manager of International will take the lead in continuing to expand our business on a global scale. The ideal candidate has prior experience leading international expansion at a consumer products business. This is a VP-level role reporting directly to the President.
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a methodical approach to have ownership of one of the fastest-growing parts of the business!
- Lead the international vision and expansion. You will be responsible for evaluating the best expansion opportunities, creating a plan, and executing on it.
- Drive growth. You will own the P&L and be responsible for hitting sales and profitability targets, working closely with finance and the executive team to set those targets.
- Launch key initiatives. You will lead the launch of new products, countries and sales channels on a global scale. As a small team, this will require you to be both strategic and hands-on.
- Manage the international team. You will oversee a team of people across international marketing and operations, and collaborate with finance, CS retail, and product to support the international growth. This includes team members in the US and abroad.
- Oversee the day-to-day. You will be responsible for hitting sales and profitability targets, while having autonomy over the various aspects of the business from marketing performance to operations processes in order to achieve these goals.
- Scale. Improve our international infrastructure and processes across all departments to allow the international business to continue to grow each year.
What you’ve done:
- You’ve been a General Manager, VP of International Marketing, or in similar role.
- You have 10+ years of experience in consumer products.
- You’re a marketer at heart with prior performance marketing experience and are motivated by hitting sales target.
- You’re a DTC pro and have managed ecommerce stores on Shopify and Amazon.
- Bonus points if you have experience working with international distributors and retailers,
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial. You love a challenge and are excited to join at an early stage in the international business and continue to build it.
- Methodical and process-oriented. People often regard you as excellent in implementing and improving processes across multiple departments.
- A generalist. You have an understanding of finance, operations and marketing, and are able to work cross functionally to drive growth to your domain.
- A strong leader. You have experience managing a team of people in multiple countries and cultures.
- US-based. This role can be remote or hybrid, but east coast location is preferred due to time zone overlap with European team.
- Competitive Salary + Results-Oriented Bonus + Equity Package
- 401K matching
- Wellness, learning, and home-office budgets
- Health, Dental & Vision Medical Plans
- Tremendous autonomy to set the direction of your work
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-wide day off on the first Friday of every month