Video Editor for Podcasts: MUST LOVE DOGS
Location: Fully Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
As a Video Editor at Dog Podcast Network, you will play a pivotal role in curating and crafting compelling video content that resonates with our audience. This position focuses on editing videos for our award-winning show Dog Cancer Answers.
Your primary responsibilities will involve editing raw footage to create engaging videos that showcase our podcast’s message across all platforms. This role requires not only technical proficiency in video editing but also a genuine passion for dogs.
Our mission is to help improve the quality of life for dogs and the people who love them. Is that you?
- Edit and assemble raw footage into polished, engaging video podcasts that align with our brand’s tone and messaging.
- Make editorial edits (selecting best takes, making sure the video maintains the viewer’s interest).
- Edit videos that engage YouTube audiences and resonate with dog lovers.
- Create Reels and other short form content.
- Collaborate with our Creative Director to continually improve the overall quality of shows and process of production.
- Attend production meetings to update the team regarding video productions.
- Stay current with industry trends and innovative editing techniques to continually elevate the quality of our dog-centric content.
- Organize and maintain video files and other collaterals for easy access.
- Your portfolio should demonstrate experience in podcast editing of interview-style shows. They should be engaging and reflect technical mastery.
- Genuine passion for dogs and improving their lives through your work.
- Mastery in professional video editing software. (You should be able to edit in your sleep–but please don’t.)
- Strong storytelling and creative skills with an ability to evoke emotion through video editing and sound.
- Experience in using Descript and its features.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and thrive in a dynamic, dog-loving team environment.
- Ability to use Vimeo as review channel to outputs and Microsoft Teams for communication.
- Highly trainable and eager to learn new things.
- Strong working computer with lots of RAM and a fast processor for video editing.
- Fast and reliable internet connection for uploads as well as downloads.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus