Video Editor, Contract
Video Editor, Contractor, Month to Month
Remote (São Paulo, Brazil)
We are seeking a creative Video Editor to join our dynamic team on a month to month basis. As a Video Editor specializing in documentaries and cause organization content, you will play a crucial role in bringing impactful stories to life through visual storytelling. The ideal candidate possesses a deep understanding of narrative structure, a keen eye for detail, and a passion for creating compelling content that resonates with audiences.
- Output: You will manage a rolling weekly output of 3-5 short-form video projects.
- Project Management: Own the end-to-end project management of output by collaborating with other Editor Leads, Producers, Strategists, and Creative Directors.
- Editing Proficiency: Must have mastery in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. Expressions, GFX and subtitle build-outs are a plus.
- Design: Knowledge of text hierarchy, composition, and color theory. Interpret scripts from producers and make decisions on text emphasis, color choices, and other elements.
- Audio Editing: Basic knowledge of cutting to music, voiceovers, organizing audio lines.
- Organization: Strong file management skills are required, as projects are passed between editors and iterated on frequently.
- Work across brands and clients with a team of directors, editors, and producers.
- Must be able to synthesize winning video choices from the strategy team, and make choices rooted in data.
- Win: Make informed decisions to capture an audience and convert them into customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Film Studies or a strongly related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Video Editor with a strong portfolio showcasing documentary or cause organization content.
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro, including but not limited to, the following skills: masking, color correcting, pacing, text placement, eye lines, motion graphics for social ads.
- A portfolio of digital content you have helped create (or created yourself), and the ability to talk about the strategy that informed each piece in the portfolio.
- Passion for social and environmental causes, with an understanding of how visual storytelling can drive positive change.
- 6+ years of experience as a creative builder and maker of stories.
- Ability to bring ideas to life on a whiteboard, big stage presentation, or finished content.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Quality Control all exports and implement notes from team.
- Solid internet connection.
- Work with incredible people and grow in your career!
- Remote work