Transaction Advisory Senior Associate (Due Diligence)
We are currently seeking a talented and driven professional to join our Transaction Group. You will be key in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges including, buy and sell-side due diligence, working capital consulting, and purchase price accounting. You will work directly with client executives along with leaders of our Transaction team. You will be key in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges.
With offices in Minnesota (Eden Prairie, Minneapolis, Mankato) and Florida (Naples) and a remote workforce in 20+ different states, Boulay offers a diverse work environment that empowers you to work where you want and how you want. Together, we strive to help you achieve your professional goals while allowing you the flexibility to reach your personal milestones.
We want to help you build a career fit for your life.
If you are looking for a unique opportunity to continue advancing professionally, bring fresh perspective, and ensure a balance between personal and professional ambitions, Boulay may be the right fit for you.
• Advise clients on how to maximize opportunities and minimize risks related to mergers and acquisitions and providerecommendations in the context of deal structuring alternatives
• Manage and work on multiple projects of varying size and complexity related to due diligence and consulting for business owners,private equity groups, search funds, and family offices
• Develop detailed reports and perform complex analyses, including the analysis of cash flows, quality of assets and earnings,working capital, potential liabilities and risks, and the impact of findings on the purchase price of the target organization
• Play an integral role in developing relationships with current and prospective clients, identify market opportunities and articulate ourvalue proposition
• Responsible for engagement management, including preparing and presenting accounting findings and concepts
• Possess the ability to review and provide feedback regarding project reports prepared by engagement team members
• Ensure that “best practices” are developed and used within the Transaction Group, including policies, processes, and tools
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related business degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Audit, Attest or Transaction Advisory practice
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Experience serving business owners, private equity groups, family offices and individual investors
• Extensive experience in project management, including planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing staff
• Ability to be a self-starter and be confident when interacting with clients
• Strong business development mindset: relationship management skills and the ability to influence/negotiate deals
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to creatively solve problems and analyze client data
• Strong interpersonal skills, a team-based attitude, and a desire to collaborate
• CPA or equivalent.
• Certifications including the CVA, CM&AA, or CFA.
• Strong experience with quality of earnings, due diligence, and deal structure strategies
• Excellent knowledge of financial reporting principles affecting M&A activities
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Open doors at all levels
- Comprehensive benefits
- Employee Appreciation Programs
- Dress for Your Day Culture
- Generous PTO