Tech Team Lead (Remote in Portugal Possible)
Do you have a strong technical background and the experience to make your teammates excel on their tasks? Can you lead and guide our talented and self-motivated software engineers across several locations? Are you ambitious about solid software engineering? Do you enjoy making distributed and highly scalable services in the cloud? Then this might just be what you are looking for!
The role you’ll play
As Tech Team Lead you will have the unique opportunity to recruit new team members and lead team in one of our Tribes. The product you will own is the cornerstone of our business. Thousands of high-profile enterprise customers use it to translate hundreds of millions of words yearly in more than 700 language pairs using AI based natural language processing services. And we eat our own dogfood: the LanguageWire delivery team and a community of more than 7000 linguistic experts rely on it to do their job, 24×7. You and your team will be responsible for lifting the product to the next level of scalability and functionality.
You enjoy working with people, grooming new talents, or inspiring our senior developers to do even better. You are fluent in C# and take great pride in delivering sound and scalable solutions. The team will work with both backend and frontend features, utilizing microservices and cloud technology.
The team you’ll be a part of
You will join one of our most important tribes and lead one of the teams there. The Tribe consists of two engineering teams with 11 dedicated people and one team of application support. We need your help to find smart engineers and to empower the current team of around 6-7 people. You will work closely with the other engineering team working in a distributed and international setup, as well as the Director of the tribe who will also be your direct leader.
You’ll report to our Director of the Tribe, and you’ll work closely with our Senior Director of Technology and two other Team Leads within the Tribe.
If you want to make a difference, make it with us by…
- Leading your team in personal and professional growth ensuring they have what they need to succeed.
- Analyzing business requirements and designing scalable cloud native solutions
- Working closely with our Product Managers to analyze business requirements, designing scalable cloud native solutions and delivering working solutions to production
- Contributing actively to the code base by taking part of the implementation and code reviews
- Operating the software from design phase to production, ensuring that users have a great experience. You build it – You run it
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- You will have successfully hired and on-boarded the remaining team members completing the new team!
- You’ve helped our software developers to improve the usability, functional coverage, and scalability of our LanguageWire product
- You and the team are proud about your products and work
Desired experience and competencies
What does it take to work for LanguageWire?
What you’ll need to bring
- Fluent in English and clear communication
- Team lead experience of at least 2 years
- Able to motivate and engage with engineers. You must be a likeable person!
- Strong engineering experience working with high performance software and agile mindset
- You are passionate about writing solid code and clean architecture
- Solid experience with C#, .Net Core, SQL, micro services and APIs in a SaaS setup
- Experience working with Cloud Services, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) and observability (OpenTelemetry, Grafana, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing, code quality tooling, security tooling and CI/CD
This will make you stand out
- Experience working for a tech enabled LSP before
- Experience in automated data transformation
- Experience migrating legacy into microservices
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers, so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are a tech company
- We are an AI company
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer’s lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we’ve got the whole package!
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy with what they do and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us—they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
Once the purpose & values project had been rolled out, I felt a stronger connection and more engaged. Within our team, we care for each other, help each other on tasks, projects and we value different opinions. We truly lift each other up to be our best and ambitiously strive towards constantly improving on a professional and personal level.
(Patrick, Application Support Team Lead, Valencia)
What are the perks?
We don’t stand still. We don’t look back; we drive forward!
Are you the next Wire in our community? Consider a career with LanguageWire, and let’s realize your potential together. These are some of the perks of becoming a Wire…
- Scale-up by facts — start-up by heart
- With us, you can enjoy flat hierarchies, responsibility and freedom, direct feedback, and room to stand up for your own ideas
- We are a fast-growing tech company that enables you to be part of the decision-making processes, and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions
- Besides your actual paycheck, we offer benefits such as personal and professional development opportunities, ongoing support from your People Partner, internal career development and an inclusive and fun company culture
- International company. Offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Stockholm, Varberg, London, Leuven, Lille, Paris, Munich, Hamburg, Zurich, Kiev, Gdansk, Atlanta, Finland and Valencia
- Over 400 employees with great gender and cultural diversity
- At LanguageWire, we offer three flexible work options tailored to how you work best. Depending on your team, you may have the option to work full-time from the office as an “Office Bee,” part-time from the office as a “Nomad,” or full-time from home as a “Homey.”
- We take care of our people and initiate many get-togethers from online fitness classes like yoga to Christmas parties. We have fun!
- 200 great colleagues in different business departments.
- Excellent location in cool and modern offices in the city center, with a great rooftop terrace and a view over the Town Hall Square
- Working in an international environment—more than 20 different nationalities
- A dog friendly atmosphere
- Discounts on several shops: La Vessana, Nasty de Plastic, El Rubio.
- Big kitchen with free access to organic fruits, nuts and biscuits and coffee.
- Relaxation, reading area and game room (foosball table, darts, and board games)
- Bike parking
- Ergonomic accessories for our employees’ well-being
- Numerous social events throughout the year
Want to know more?
We can’t wait to meet you! So, why wait ’til tomorrow? Apply today!