Subject Matter Expert/Faculty Member in Strategy
Quantic is seeking a Subject Matter Expert/Faculty Member in Strategy to support, mentor, instruct and evaluate students in the completion of MBA and Executive MBA programs, as well as Executive Certificates at Quantic School of Business and Technology and Valar Institute. This role is responsible for creating and facilitating webinars and case study discussions over Zoom, meeting with students in 1:1 and group settings, reviewing curriculum content in the area of Strategy, answering questions on topics related to Strategy), grading student assignments, and mentoring students participating in a business pitch competition.
Candidates must have a PhD or terminal degree in Strategy or a closely related discipline (e.g. Strategic Management, International Business) as well as significant experience teaching Strategy at the graduate level, preferably on an MBA program. Note that given the level of expertise required, candidates with a PhD in a non-aligned topic (e.g. Leadership, Operations Management) cannot be considered for this role.
This is a full-time, remote position and may be based anywhere, but note that much of the work will involve supporting students in non-US time zones. Applications are encouraged from candidates based in, or willing to work in the European or Asia Pacific time zones, and from candidates who can support students in different languages. Some national and/or international travel may be required. Quantic requires successful completion of a background check.
The salary range for this role is $80,000 – $85,000 for US-based employees.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for students with questions related to Strategy within the MBA and Executive MBA degrees and Executive Certificates at Quantic School of Business and Technology and Valar Institute
- Support students undertaking studies in the following concentrations:
- Strategy and Global Economics
- Strategic Leadership
- Advanced Corporate Strategy
- Capstone projects (including a consultancy project and a business plan project)
- Host student webinars, seminars and one-on-one consultations
- Provide input to curriculum development in the area of Strategy
- Grade Strategy and Capstone projects, providing students with useful and extensive feedback
- Lead academic discussions at national and international conferences, as required
- PhD in Strategy or a highly relevant field
- 5+ years experience teaching business topics at the graduate level (as teaching assistant or professor)
- Experience in academic assessment and feedback
- Experience in academic quality assurance processes
- Experience meeting the unique needs of a diverse, global student population of adult learners and working with cross-cultural teams
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience teaching other Business disciplines at the graduate level
- Experience on project teams for institutions seeking accreditation or re-accreditation
- Additional language proficiency (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic)
Package for U.S.-based employees:
- Employee stock options
- 20 days PTO in addition to our 9 company holidays
- 100% employer paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision for employees and their dependents, with buy-up options available
- 100% employer paid premiums for short- and long-term disability insurance for employees
- Up to 13 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- HSA and FSA
- Tuition reimbursement
- Education Benefits for the Quantic and Valar degree programs
- And more!
About Quantic & Pedago
Pedago is an education-technology company with a mission to democratize access to high quality education programs and career advancement opportunities. Quantic School of Business and Technology and Valar Institute, our accredited international universities with students and alumni from 50 states and over 100 countries, offer MBA and Executive MBA degrees, along with other disruptively affordable business and corporate training programs. Quantic and Valar combine the best of traditional top MBA programs with the next generation of interactive online learning. Founded by the former CEO and fellow executives of Rosetta Stone, Pedago is a rapidly expanding company seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth.
Pedago supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.