Sr. DevOps Engineer – Azure
Remotebase is more than just a job search platform – we’re building a remote work community where you can thrive and succeed. We connect top tech talent with top clients and make it easy for you to find the job you want. So why wait? Join us and be a part of our bridge to success!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, allied with a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and heavily contributing to a Microservices architecture implementation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Envisioning, planning and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases in React, Python, and
- Implementing and managing Azure services.
- Managing deployments in Kubernetes, ensuring scalable and robust
- Transitioning operations to Microsoft BI for monitoring.
- Preparing for and achieving ISO certification.
- Handling multitenant containers in potentially hostile environments.
- Identifying and evaluating potential risks in the software development and
- Using statistical process control techniques to monitor & remedy
- Conducting experiments to improve the robustness and resilience of the
- Influencing relevant stakeholders and assisting in the decision-making
- process for long-term sustainability.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure and its suite of services.
- Knowledge of Carnegie Mellon Capability Maturity Model Integration
- (CMMI) risk management strategies
- Expertise with ISO27001, or eagerness to learn and lead its implementation
- Expertise or eagerness to learn ISO22301 (Business Continuity
- Management Systems), and ISO20000 (IT Service Management).
- Good English skills, both spoken and written
- Deep knowledge of European General Data Protection Regulations, or eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of statistical process control techniques and how to apply them in a software development and operations context (e.g. with Microsoft BI and Lean Six Sigma or Industrial Engineering methods)
- Understanding of experimental design and analysis for software.
- Proficiency in optimizing Advanced Azure processes that leverage React, Python, MongoDB, Kubernetes and diverse APIs.
- Engineering novel workflows (e.g. Zappier, MS Power Automate, Bubble)
- Problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to manage multitenant environments and potential security threats.
- Skills in scalable and robust system design.
- Skill in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Teamwork skills to effectively collaborate with peers to create a culture, that helps diverse virtual teams thrive, and support one another, even when the need is outside of their position description.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and impact on the company’s success.
- Fully remote with office optional. You decide when you would like to work from home and when from the office.
- Flexible timings. You decide your work scheduled.
- Market competitive compensation (in $$).
- Insane learning and growth