Sr. Analytics Consultant
Job Title: Sr. Analytics Consultant
Job type : Remote Work
Type : 6+ Months Contract with extension
Rate : $Market /Hour
If you were to be in this role, your primary responsibility would be to do projects that lead to improvement in health and financial outcomes and do work to support clients. More broadly, to do this, you would understand the mutual goals and value based contracts, conduct assemble information and perform analyses to quantify baseline performance, identify opportunities and the root causes for them, and collaborate with the client and our operations staff to achieve our goals.
More specifically, your job would be to:
• Understand the client’s business goals well-enough to ensure the SOW will meet their needs
• Lead the discovery of the client’s EMR/EHR and/or claims data environment so we can efficiently and effectively navigate and do the analyses
• Lead the analytical-interrogation of their EMR/EHR and/or claims data to perform data quality checks
• Partner with our biostatisticians and data scientists to perform the analyses and displays
• Communicate results/findings with the client and identify implications and recommend actions
• Master’s or equivalent in epidemiology, public health, mathematics, health services research preferred (but not required)
• 10+ years of experience in healthcare data analysis (including EMR/EHR, claims, eligibility and publicly available data such as CMS LDS)
• Utilization of analytical tools including SQL, SAS, SPSS, and/or open-source including Python and R, or similar
• Deep familiarity with HEDIS & CMS care quality measures; experience implementing both HEDIS and CMS measures using SAS and/or SQL
• Attitude: A generally positive demeanor and outlook, works well with others and is community-minded, has a proactive leadership orientation, and enjoys contributing through work
• Healthcare Domain Knowledge: Conceptual understanding of how hospitals and systems work, how they’re paid by commercial carriers and the government, and how changing reimbursement is necessitating that hospitals and health systems be able to identify and manage risk; be able to decipher the healthcare-alphabet-soup that includes ACA, ACO, AMA, BMI, CMS, through to HIE and HIPAA, etc.
• Healthcare Data Expertise: Current “hands-on” working knowledge of healthcare data, including data from EMR/EHR and/or from medical and pharmacy administrative claims; strong preference will be given to those with expertise from working with claims data from multiple lines of business and payers.
• Social Determinants of Health (SDH) Expertise: Also, current “hands-on” knowledge of seeking out new sources of socioeconomic, public record, biometric, and retail/consumer data, including acquisition of new SDH sources.
• Analytical Actions: Logical and systematic approach to problem solving, with the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, make decisions, and take appropriate action
• Multi-Faceted: Track record in charting untested waters; need to possess conceptual skills to learn new technologies, and contribute to areas such as infrastructure, administration, and project management with ease
• Handy with Tools: Working knowledge of database and analytic tools including SQL and SAS (or, equivalents)
• Data Model Knowledge: Have a deep enough understanding of data model approaches to be able to discuss the pros/cons of each with our clients and data architects and create business requirements
• Technical Leadership: Experience in conceptualizing analytic projects end-to-end and ability to guide other analysts with detailed reviews of their work and providing overall technical leadership
• Value Orientation: Ability to constantly calibrate activities to ensure effort is focused on value and not solely on technical activities, cost, and schedules.
Note: Kindly please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your rate/salary requirement along with your contact details with a suitable time when we can reach you. If you know of anyone in your sphere of contacts, who would be a perfect match for this job then, we would appreciate if you can forward this posting to them with a copy to us.