Solutions Engineer (Remote)
Nillion is a secure computation network that is fundamentally changing the way high-value data is stored and used throughout the world. Processing transactions via blockchain was the tip of the iceberg of what information and industries, decentralized technology and privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs) can impact. The Nillion network expands these technologies into new use cases and verticals like AI, biometric data, health data, voting, consumer data and more.
As reported by TechCrunch, Nillion raised a $25m at a $180m valuation in the midst of the bear market of 2022 – the highest valuation for a Seed Round reported in Q4-2022. The project has attracted some of the top talent in tech, including the Founding Engineer of Uber (Conrad Whelan), Founder of Indiegogo (Slava Rubin), Associate General Counsel of Coinbase (Lindsay Danas Cohen), Co-Founder of Hedera Hashgraph (Andrew Masanto) and several other high profile team members and advisors.
As a Solutions Engineer at Nillion, you will prototype, build and experiment on the network. You will be responsible for taking the current feature set on the network and, alongside the product and engineering teams, ideating, iterating and building new and exciting use cases that solve our current and future user’s needs. This role at Nillion will play a critical role in bringing our product and company vision to life, by accelerating the internal development on top of the network and expanding the horizon of possible use cases that it can unlock.
- Strong proficiency in unix CLI environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and happy to adapt to use whatever is required to solve the problem.
- Highly proactive and takes ownership of their work.
- Strong collaborative working style, ideating towards the best solution and decision.
- Strong ability to formulate an abstract understanding our SDK (Software Development Kit) needs.
- You’ll be responsible for becoming a subject matter expert and superuser for our SDK. This will include updating documentation and providing support for our FEs (Founding Entrepreneurs).
- Creating prototypes (apps, programs, systems) on the network.
- Working closely with the product team to understand the user needs and problems.
- Working closely with the engineering team to solution for these problems.
- Creating comprehensive solution diagrams for internal and external communication.
We offer the following perks as part of employment with Nillion:
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team.
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field.
- Learn from systems engineering, cryptography and product domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! We are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups.
In summary, if you are interested in web3 infrastructure, innovation, new technology, and are interested in working with a high-caliber team, please apply. Nillion is committed to shaping a better world in all that they do. Their global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.
For more information on either the technology or company, there are several lectures at leading universities about the project such as Oxford University, Cambridge University, New York University, Columbia, and MIT. You can also visit Nillion’s early website at www.nillion.com.