Software Engineering Manager – Midnight
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineering Manager who will be a key contributor on the Midnight team developing leading edge technology in one of the most exciting fields in the world. Midnight is a regulatory-friendly data protection-based blockchain that safeguards sensitive commercial and personal data. Midnight protects fundamental freedoms of association, commerce, and expression for developers, companies, and individuals.
As the Engineering Manager, your role will be pivotal in driving the design, planning, scripting, execution, and reporting of software development activities across all releases of the Midnight platform. Leading a highly skilled team of Software Engineers, you will collaborate closely with architects, product owners, and other stakeholders to drive the execution of our roadmap. While this role does have responsibilities of people management with high-level direction and planning, technical leadership will be a primary focus as the adoption of common standards, methods and tooling across the team and the wider organization is a necessity. Your contributions will be instrumental in ensuring smooth software operation and meeting client requirements during product launches.
- Lead a team of 10 experienced engineers dedicated to building the Midnight blockchain.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including architects, software developers in test, and product managers, to ensure timely and high-quality product delivery.
- Collaborate with the product team to define and plan feature roadmaps, ensuring seamless execution.
- Maintain high standards within the team, guiding engineers in their professional growth.
- Play a key role in scaling the team, including hiring, interviewing, and contributing to planning healthy team growth and career progression.
- Provide leadership in driving a security-focused culture, fostering innovation, and promoting collaboration within the team and across the organization.
- Actively participate in code reviews, offering valuable feedback on testability, code quality, and adherence to best practices.
As Leaders it is our responsibility to motivate, develop and progress our fellow team members. As a Leader there is a need to communicate openly with all members of your team, address any issues head on and not shy away from difficult conversations.
Empowering your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts should be your top priority.
Please read our Leadership at IO Global document for more information on your duties and responsibilities as a leader at IOG
- Demonstrated understanding of blockchain technology, including consensus algorithms and smart contracts (desirable).
- Proven experience in managing and leading teams of software engineers, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Track record of focused and successful project delivery.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, with a particular focus on Agile and DevOps practices.
Education / Experience
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or a related subject (Bachelor or above).
- Ability to lead and mentor lead software engineers.
- Proven experience in software engineering roles, with a minimum of 8 years experience working with complex software systems.
- 8+ years of experience in engineering team management.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering working with Rust.
- 5+ years of practicing agile methodologies.
- Proficient in working with Git, SDLC, and variousCI/CD tools (GitHub Actions etc).
- Performance and security testing experience would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of blockchain technology, including distributed ledger concepts, consensus algorithms, and smart contracts (a plus).
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland, the UK or Poland.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.