Software Engineer – Python
Channel Factory is the leader in Social Video Marketing addressing brand safety and suitability. Our Product team is in search of an innovative and dedicated Software Engineer with Back-end Python / Django & ElasticSearch experience to join our growing team. We are seeking an eager, passionate, and highly skilled individual to bring our product to life. The Engineer pays relentless attention to detail and will work with the different teams to communicate our ideas, shape our brand, and increase customer demand. They will be expected to work on a variety of projects and should have a great deal of experience with the software engineering life cycle and large data. An emphasis will be placed on ensuring that the latest technologies, techniques, functionality, trends, and usability best practices are used.
- Attend Product planning sessions and contribute ideas to the platform.
- Interface with local and remote engineers to add features and fix potential issues.
- Create documentation of code & Environments.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Create solid, clean code.
- Research and learn the latest technologies related to the implementation of ChannelFactory products.
- Strong communication skills.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience and In-depth knowledge of Python, and Django.
- Hands-on experience with ElasticSearch (a plus!), SQL databases (Postgres/RDS, MySql), and Redis.
- Expertise in github / bitbucket.
- Expertise in creating and maintaining restful API services (3+ years).
- Understanding of new trends within the digital space.
- Solid expertise and experience in the social media space, and YouTube ecosystem.
- Ability to generate unit tests.
- Exceptional multitasking and time management skills.
- Ability to express creative ideas and solutions
- Passion for learning new software, techniques, and skills.
- Stellar interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with high energy who thrives in a fast-paced environment Knowledge of digital advertising is a plus.
- In-depth Understanding of hosted cloud services in AWS.
- In-depth expertise in the engineering life cycle.
- Ability to work in diverse teams with both present and off-site peers
- Ability to travel at least 15% of the year for onsite meetings
- Work with a leading startup in a high-demand industry, and you would be working with like-minded experts aiming to transform video ad operations
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Comprehensive medical benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance)
- Cell phone and Wifi Reimbursement
- NatureBox credit for snacks
- Work-life flexibility – we value your contributions above all
Founded in 2010, Channel Factory is an award-winning marketing technology company that helps top global brands and agencies maximize YouTube advertising. Recognized as a technology innovator by Cynopsis and one of the fastest-growing companies by Inc., Channel Factory has served over three hundred of the Fortune 500 in delivering scalable, brand-safe, contextually aligned YouTube advertising software and services. By tapping into the deepest proprietary data pool on the market, the company enables highly customized, contextually aware, and dynamically optimized campaigns and provides industry-leading performance for a portfolio of clients across all industries.
Channel Factory is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Channel Factory makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. The company also has employee resource groups focusing on encouraging inclusion and diversity in the workplace.