Software Engineer – Integrations (remote)
Who is ShiftCare?
ShiftCare is a fast-growing SaaS scale-up and its innovative software is a market leader which helps Australian, American & Canadian disability support providers, in-home aged carers, and allied health professionals to streamline the way they work by creating efficiencies in rostering, client management, and billing, enabling businesses to grow.
We have an incredible opportunity for a seasoned Ruby on Rails Software Engineer within a team of software engineers, designers and product owners to bring teams’ conceptual solutions to life in a mature Agile/DevOps environment prioritisation, risk management and scope.
Reporting to the Technical Lead and working within the technology team in the adoption and maintenance of modern (Agile) software engineering practices, you will have a hands – on role develop new functionality to deliver high quality engineering work and product releases in line with the commercial objectives of the company.
You’ll have the satisfaction of seeing tangible results of your ingenuity as you develop features, experiences and integrations that delight our customers.
- Architect elegant, maintainable, testable solutions to complex technical problems.
- Integrate with third-party platforms and services to pull in auxiliary content, services, and data.
- Working within defined project management guidelines and security best practice
- Tackle performance bottlenecks and drive improvements to the backend and frontend infrastructure.
- Contributing technology inputs to product team and roadmap discussions
- Championing delivering scalable, robust, engineering-best-in-bred, commercially viable technology outcomes for the company
- Supporting critical technology incidents as needed
- Working in technology architecture, scalability, security and performance initiatives
This role is open to candidates in India, Sri Lanka, Phillipines or Malaysia.
As the successful incumbent you would bring and leverage the following expertise and experience:
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Experienced working in Agile teams with a high degree of collaboration, self-starter
- Experience with software development, software architecture, APIs, and microservices
- Experience with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration in a DevOps environment
- Experience supporting enterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure
- Working proficiency in relational databases
- Experience working with large data sets and complex data structures.
- A passion to contribute to the full stack – the front-end, backend and anything in between
We care about your well-being and interests, offering:
- Birthdays off: celebrate your special day with a paid day off.
- “Early-mark Fridays”: once a month, choose to extend your weekend by leaving your desk earlier on a Friday.
- Remote work: embrace work-life balance with our remote work option.
If you are excited about being part of a dynamic team that is making a significant social impact in this industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.