WATI is an early stage, fast growing SaaS platform that is revolutionizing how companies communicate with their customers. Through our cutting-edge customer engagement software built on WhatsApp’s Business API, businesses are now able to have personalised conversations, be easily accessible and engage with their customers in-real time – at scale! We live in the on-demand economy, where customers expect fast, simple and easy service and that’s exactly what our platform empowers companies to do.
This is made possible through WATI’s easy-to-use platform that can be made up and running in no time. As a result, small and medium businesses have embraced the platform rapidly, and thousands of customers across 54 countries are now using WATI within just a year of launch.
We are growing fast, and we are now looking for a Software Engineer. Working closely with the Software Development and Product teams, you will be responsible for expanding product offerings and deploying new features using best-in-class technology. In addition, a key component of this role will be to help drive the development team deliver quality software within schedule.
- Work in a team of 5-7 software engineers (remote) in the GMT+8 timezone
- Work with other technical engineers to drive conversations around technical issues and engineering best practices, suggesting improvements and ideas as you see them
- Engage with code review: provide thoughtful, constructive feedback for your team while also using it as a learning opportunity for yourself
- Technical analysis and estimation of business requirements
- Prioritize, thin slice and schedule the tasks for the team to work on during the sprint
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and QA Engineers to define issues with thorough acceptance criteria prior to engineering beginning
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science / Computer Technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Product development experience
- Experience and knowledge in NoSQL Databases e.g. Mongo
- Experience in SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) applications
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing like Google Cloud or AWS
- Knowledge of Data Streaming concepts and distributed caching technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and in the face of conflicting demands
- Experienced using Project Management tools eg. YouTrack, Jira, Trello etc
- Nice to have: Experience with c# and react.js