Smart Contract Engineer
We are building BOB, a new way for builders to experiment and innovate with usable decentralization while retaining Bitcoin security. We are seeking an experienced Smart Contract Engineer to implement core smart contracts on BOB and extend our Solidity libraries in the BOB SDK.
Your job is to implement the core BOB contracts such as governance as well as extending and refining the BOB SDK including the BTC light client, meta transactions, and account abstraction optimized for Bitcoin. You will work closely with the core team to build out the BOB stack. You take a leading role in architecting smart contracts and ensuring their security. We are a community driven project and we want you to take a leading role in technical discussions with both the core team as well as the community.
What you will do
- Architect and build secure smart contracts for the BOB core.
- Extend and optimize the BOB SDK including the BTC light client, account abstraction, meta transactions, and the OP Stack integrations.
- Ensure the security of smart contracts by applying standardized libraries, testing, verification, and supporting audits.
- Engage in discussions with the core team on the on-chain strategy and feature roadmap.
- Share knowledge with other team members on smart contract engineering best practices.
- Drive the smart contract part of the BOB SDK by creating opportunities for other developers to contribute to the stack.
- Two years or more of hands-on Solidity development experience
- One year of experience deploying smart contracts on Ethereum mainnet (or other EVM mainnets)
- Deep understanding of smart contract best practices and current industry patterns
- Interest in Bitcoin and new Bitcoin technologies including taproot, ordinals, brc20, BitVM
- Great communication skills in a remote setting
Nice to have
- Experience with Bitcoin script
- Experience with Rust
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Research-oriented team
- Solve novel problems
- Stock options
- Remote working
- 30-day vacation
- Allowance for a co-working space
- Yearly retreat