Service Desk Analyst – 2nd Line
Are you a Service Desk Analyst looking for something new?
Do you have experience of 2nd Line support in an Azure Cloud environment?
Would you be interested in helping with the running of crucial platforms that help the government keep Livestock safe and healthy?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
At Livestock Information Ltd, our mission is to be an outstanding service provider of livestock data, empowering government, industry, and farmers to effectively manage disease and infection control, whilst enhancing productivity and innovation in agriculture. To achieve this, we need great people, who share in our values.
As a Service Desk Analyst LII at Livestock Information Ltd., you will be the first point of contact for service-related issues. You will navigate through a diverse range of technical challenges, offering clear and concise guidance to users with varying levels of technical proficiency. In addition to incident resolution, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of services by identifying recurring issues and proposing preventative measures. Throughout your day, effective communication remains paramount; whether it’s updating users on issue resolutions or collaborating with colleagues to ensure seamless service delivery within a framework’s compliance boundaries.
This is an interesting role that’s a dynamic blend of problem-solving, communication, and adherence to industry-leading standards for optimal IT service provision.
- Incident Management: Receive, prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve IT-related incidents reported by users.
- Service Request Fulfilment: Process service requests, fulfilling user requirements and provisioning resources according to established ITIL processes and guidelines.
- Problem Identification and Resolution: Analyse and diagnose issues to identify root causes, implementing appropriate solutions or escalating to higher-tier support when necessary.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of incidents, requests, resolutions, and procedures in the IT service management system (ITSM).
- ISO Adherence: Ensure our practices and processes are followed in line with our ISO audit requirements, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Service Level Management, to ensure efficient and standardized service delivery.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to process improvement initiatives by identifying recurring issues, proposing solutions, and actively participating in knowledge sharing and training sessions.
- Communication: Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a user-centric approach, ensuring a positive user experience and high levels of satisfaction.
- Technical Expertise: Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to enhance technical skills and knowledge.
- Experience of 2nd line technical support of IT in an Azure Cloud environment.
- Experience with ISO 20000 standards and IT service management frameworks.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- ISO 20000 certifications are highly desirable.
- Flexibility to participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
The salary range for this role is £35,000-£45,000.
As an LI employee, you will be entitled to our company benefits which include:
- Remote-first working set up
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays
- 4 x annual salary Life Assurance
- Market leading pension through Legal & General
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Excellent learning, training and, career development opportunities and funding
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- An inclusive culture where everyone is respected and valued
Application and Interview Process
To apply for this role you will need to submit a CV and answer some pre-screening questions.
The interview and assessment process for this role will involve a telephone interview with our Talent Team, followed by a first stage and a final stage interview. All interviews will be conducted fully remotely via MS Teams.
If we need to make a reasonable adjustment so that you can complete your application, please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date to discuss your needs.
Apply before 4:00pm on Monday 26th February 2024. Any applications submitted after the cut off will not be considered.
At Livestock Information, we value diversity and believe that every individual brings different strengths. We understand that not everyone may possess every single skill outlined in this job description, but if you believe you have a solid skill set that enables you to excel in this position then we really encourage you to apply.
Livestock Information Ltd. cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Livestock Information Ltd. Does not discriminate based on race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Livestock Information Ltd. Does not accept unsolicited CVs from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited CV’s not originating directly from a candidate and sent to Livestock Information Ltd or any Livestock Information Ltd employees, including unsolicited CVs sent to a Livestock Information Ltd mailing address or email address, are rejected. Livestock Information Ltd will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited CV. Livestock Information Ltd considers any candidate for whom the recruiter has submitted an unsolicited CV referred by the company free of any fees.