Senior VFX Artist | North America | Europe
What We are looking for:
Escape Velocity is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join the team to deliver diverse and rich content, filling our worlds with life and creating rewarding gameplay. Join a passionate and experienced team who is looking to expand capacity and push the boundaries of possibility.
What We Will Do Together:
- Design and implement high-quality AAA VFX to support gameplay and art direction.
- Work closely with game leadership and art/animation/design/programming teams to uphold quality standards and anticipate challenges within creative and technical constraints.
- Translate references, concept art, game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototypes, and optimize performance to run within target hardware requirements.
- Generate answers quickly to resolve ambiguity, and champion for best sustainable practices.
What you will bring:
- Proficiency in industry-standard software such as Substance Designer, Maya, 3ds Max, Embergen and/or Houdini.
- Experience using industry-standard engines such as Unity and UE5
- Strong artistic skills and understanding of traditional art and animation principles, knowledge of node-based shaders, animation, and particle systems.
- Solid grasp of game feel, design affordances and visual shape/color language.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, natural curiosity for the bigger picture, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Continuous drive for artistic growth by being up to date with the latest trends and techniques in real-time visual effects and game development pipelines.
- Strong desire to iterate and improve on inefficient processes, asset management and technical documentation.
- Value for an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
Interested … a bit about Escape Velocity:
Escape Velocity is a team of passionate, talented developers working at a studio that offers excellent benefits and what we believe is a fantastic project. But that doesn’t make us unique. What does make us special? We value the time, energy, and talent of our players and our colleagues. We want every hour spent developing and playing our games to be an incredibly rewarding and worthwhile use of your time. To that end, we are fully remote and support team members nearly anywhere in the world. We prioritize honesty, even when that means sharing bad news. We strive to give everyone autonomy so they can determine how best to work and play; and we care more about what you bring to the game and studio than how many hours you’re clocking. We believe in constant improvement across all areas – from the game itself to our production design – and are constantly re-evaluating how we spend our time to ensure that we’re not wasting yours and we’re all always working on the most important things. Finally (and perhaps most importantly) we’re dedicated to building a culture of play, which not only makes us better game makers, but also strengthens the bonds between us all.
HOW TO APPLY
Click apply and complete an application along with a Resume / CV. If we would like to move forward with your application, a member of the Recruiting Team will reach out to you and guide you through our process.
Escape Velocity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
Applications will be considered regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.