Senior Team Member Relations Partner
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
What you’ll do
- Advises and coaches managers on complex Team Member Relations issues, including performance management.
- Investigates highly sensitive People issues, including: conducting team member interviews; analyzing data from various internal systems; composing investigation reports; making a recommendation based on the findings of the investigation, and proposing remedial next steps/actions.
- Coaches leaders through delicate, complex and often confidential work issues.
- Creates proactive programs designed to prevent workplace issues/concerns.
- Partners with Legal and PBP on the review and assessment of Team Member Relations cases as needed for added context.
- Provides critical input to the formation, consistent application, and revision of policies across GitLab as we continue to scale.
- Provides trend data and actionable feedback to legal, HRBP teams, and senior leaders to reduce overall risk in the organization.
- Regularly reviews policies, procedures and initiatives to ensure they align with applicable regulatory requirements as well as GitLabs’ Values.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of progressive investigatory or employee relations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must exercise confidentiality and discretion in dealing with sensitive, complex and time sensitive employment matters.
- Experience supporting both the US and EMEA team members.
- Demonstrates empathy and facilitates conflict resolution situations.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and intuitive sense of business acumen.
- Ability to execute tasks with attention to detail, reliability, and a relatively quick pace.
- Ability to interface and partner with stakeholders to achieve and influence results.
- Ability to use GitLab tools.
- Aligns with GitLabs values.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.