Senior Software Engineer (Scala)
Demyst is a data management company specialising in external data orchestration, helping leading global financial institutions support their business users with data access at scale within their centralized data platforms. In response to growing demand, we’re seeking new team members to help us scale. By joining our team, you will play a crucial role in transforming the way enterprises access external data.
Demyst offers a standard configurable interface connecting external data ecosystems to centralized data platforms. We provide the necessary products, support team, and maintenance for production-ready, customized external data pipelines. Our pipelines include configured data, metadata, robust batch and real-time delivery, and ongoing support for optimal performance. Additionally, we offer a streamlined diligence, procurement, and data delivery service for evaluating new data, ensuring efficient decision-making based on agreed standards.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to play a vital role in revolutionizing data management for enterprises.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team to help build and improve our product. A successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the security solutions design and implementation as well as driving development, testing, and deployment.
You’ll be joining a team of smart and hardworking engineers who help each other succeed. Key to our success is a willingness to learn and adapt quickly, so be ready to try new things and take on new challenges, with the support of the team of course.
While this is a fully-remote role, successful candidates are expected to be based in Melbourne. We will also hold certain workshops and fun activities from time to time that we expect the team to attend.
- Architect, design, and implement frontend and backend services at scale
- Implement and configure custom solutions and deploy custom solutions for client use cases to production
- Drive continuous improvement of Demyst’s next-generation privacy technology for compliance with existing and emerging privacy regulations like CCPA, GDPR, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as product managers, executives, and department heads, to understand their requirements and translate them into actionable engineering plans
- Communicate project status, key milestones, and technical challenges to stakeholders, ensuring transparency and alignment
- Grow the product – Develop and maintain code bases covering the needs of multiple big-name clients. Create new features and grow the product impact across multiple geographies
- Be a mentor – Our senior engineers should strive to teach, support, and coach junior teammates via code reviews, brainstorming sessions, and knowledge sharing
- Maintain clean code – Clean code is key, a successful candidate will motivate the team to maintain clean code and apply coding standards (including reviews)
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies. Be able and willing to learn new languages and concepts
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualifications in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Scala
- Knowledge or interest in functional effect systems like ZIO
- Knowledge in working with XSD
- Experience with consumption of web services (JSON, REST, XML/SOAP)
- Experience with software engineering and version control using Git and GitHub
- Experience with automated testing (unit + integration tests)
- Motivated and / or experienced in working on world class architecture setup for a global company and its network to resolve data needs
- Experience with reviewing system design and architecture documentation and preparing materials addressing security controls
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify and solve complex business needs
- Understanding of the cloud architecture and components
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Cloud security tools and processes
- Relevant work and research experience are also welcomed
- Understanding of globally distributed teams and asynchronous communication methods
- Distributed working team and culture
- Generous benefits and competitive compensation
- Be a part of the exploding external data ecosystem
- Join an established fast growth data technology business
- ESOP awards available for tenured staff
- Collaborative, inclusive work culture
- Work with the largest consumer and business external data market in an emerging industry that is fueling AI globally
- Outsized impact in a small but rapidly growing team offering real autonomy and responsibility for client outcomes
- Stretch yourself to help define and support something entirely new that will impact billions
- Work within a strong, tight-knit team of subject matter experts and overseeing a team of renaissance technical talent
- Small enough where you matter, big enough to have the support to deliver what you promise
Demyst is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.