Senior Ruby Engineer – Remote Europe
Europe-based applicants only
We’re here to give authors the tools and resources they need to create beautiful books. Our marketplace gathers the industry’s best publishing professionals — the likes of Neil Gaiman’s editor, Nora Roberts’ book marketer, and GRRM’s cover designer.
We’ve grown to a community of 1,000,000 authors and over 3,000 freelancers in just a few short years, while picking up a number of industry awards along the way
Want to hop on board and help us get to our next destination? Cool, keep reading!
Our objective is to build the best ecosystem for writers, providing support at any stage of their journey. We have built a number of products at Reedsy over the years, including a marketplace, a book discovery platform, a writing app, a central authentication system, an email marketing app and many more. We have ambitious new features in the pipeline for each of those and we need your help!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Architect and develop highly scalable web applications;
- Work closely with our designers and engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch;
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production;
- Take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish;
- Build RESTful APIs.
- 5+ years with Ruby on Rails at production level
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL (Redis) databases
- Unit tests (RSpec) and QA testing tools and techniques
- Git advanced knowledge
- Strong emphasis with Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Perfectly fluent in English, great communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with deployment automation tools
- A good dose of ambition, a willingness to learn, and a great sense of humor
- Work from home;
- Paid paternal and maternal leave;
- Reedski, our annual ski trip.
€60k – €100k