Senior QA Engineer
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB Storage Team is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior QA Engineer.
- Are you interested in working for a dynamic and growing global company?
- Are you passionate about solving difficult, new and unique problems?
- Do you have a knack for automating anything you have to do more than once?
If you answered yes, then you will love working with the MariaDB Server team at MariaDB!
- Develop test plans for bug fixes, new features and improvements within the DB server
- Identify missing test scenarios
- Create automated tests
- Execute tests, analyze the results and report found issues
- Collect and report quality metrics from test executions
- Concurrency and locking testing with several connections running DDL and DML
- 5+ years experience as a QA engineer with databases
- Excellent understanding of the testing process.
- SQL experience
- Understanding of database concurrency concepts
- Working knowledge of source code management systems like Git.
- Ability to write scripts
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken).
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB MTR test suite will be a big advantage
- Experience with any cloud platform (GCP, AWS, Azure) will be considered as a plus.
- Knowledge of any CI/CD system (like Jenkins, ArgoCD, GitHub Actions) will be advantageous.
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL products will be helpful
Spain – Remote
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.
In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than the job description as posted. Salary is one component of MariaDB’s total rewards package, which (subject to eligibility requirements) may include health insurance, life, and disability insurance, funds toward professional development resources, paid holidays, and parental leave, just to name a few!
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV.
- MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
- MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
- MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without a prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
- MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.