Senior Project Manager | Remote | 12+ month Contract
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC (Remote)
Position: 12+ months Contract
Salary/Rate: ($Best Possible)
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing high or mega complexity projects of large and complex components of a larger program. Individual in this role use advance knowledge of project management processes and controls to accomplish project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities with some indirect supervision from PMO Director, and may have either direct reports or matrixed subordinate team members. The role requires regular analytical and metrics-based reporting to other staff, Executive Committee, and stakeholders.
- Coordinate multiple departments, vendors and assets to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of major scope milestones
- Establish collaborative partnership among stakeholders to enable scoping, financial and resource decisions
- Identify, document and elevate cross-organizational and vendor-driven dependencies, and work with managers and peers across the organization to develop and implement appropriate dependency management processes
- Establish appropriate project governance structures and processes by engaging executive sponsor and key stakeholders to develop appropriate thresholds and cadence for governance discussions.
- Mentor and coach junior level Project Management staff and matrixed team members, and provides guidance on adherence to the Project Management practices.
- Work with senior leaders to contribute relevant data to support annual planning activities
- Provide financial project performance and forecasting reports to senior executives and government regulators
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with project activities and work across organization to establish and monito mitigation plans
- Identify, document and spear-head evaluation of changes based on cost, schedule, risk and scope impacts as well as cross-functional dependencies. Ensure appropriate packaging of relevant information to support appropriate project change and governance decision processes
- Develop and maintain required project management artifacts in accordance with Client Project Management standards and applicable regulations
- Identify efficiencies and present recommended improvement opportunities at various levels of management
Required Skills & Work Experience
- Strong project management skills with prior experience managing complex cross-functional projects ih a highly matrixed environment
- Experience with cross-project/program dependency identification and management
- Strong Written and Oral communication skills with ability to present complex information and respond to complex needs of a large and visible project or program
- Ability to network with internal and external stakeholders, and leverage relationships to resolve complex project issues
- Effectiveness working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project),
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of project management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and work experience
- PMP (Must be willing to obtain within 12 months of date of hire)
- Must have work authorization in the United States
Preferred skills & work experience
- Transportation industry experience
- Direct or matrixed people management experience is a plus.
If interested please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your rate/salary requirement along with your contact details with a suitable time when we can reach you. If you know of anyone in your sphere of contacts, who would be a perfect match for this job then, we would appreciate if you can forward this posting to them with a copy to us.We look forward to hearing from you at the earliest.
Thanks and Regards
Rehana | Technical Recruiter
Phone: 1-856 528 3312 ext 1214 | Email: email@example.com | https://www.linkedin.com/in/rehana-renaa-a896a9208
Two95 International Inc| 1101, N Kings Hwy, Suite #200 Cherry Hill ,NJ 08034| Fax: 856-494-1988 | www.two95intl.com
Inc500-5000 Recognized Fastest growing private company in U.S.A