Senior / Lead programmers – UK-based remote working roles
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have UK-based remote working roles for Senior / Lead programmers, ideally with experience in UE4 to join the team working on a groundbreaking console game.
- You will take ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Develop standard methodologies and effectively communicate these to other team members and disciplines.
- Bring technical expertise and experience to the challenges of game development
- Effectively profile and optimise game systems
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Leading and guiding key systems and areas of the game, inspiring teams and effectively communicating with clients when required
Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming experience.
- Experience of the full game development lifecycle.
- Design and content team collaboration experience.
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Extensive Unreal experience.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills and an enthusiastic team worker.
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Maths.
- A real passion for games programming.
- Experience working successfully within a dev team team, with at least one published commercial game under your belt.
- Excellent holiday package
- Regular social events
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Bring your doggo to work! We’re a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and some great charity fundraising events.
Role Information: EN
Studio: Climax Studios
Location: Europe, United Kingdom, Portsmouth
Area of Work: Game Development
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time, Remote