Senior Field Marketing Manager
Vercel’s Frontend Cloud provides the developer experience and infrastructure to build, scale, and secure a faster, more personalized web. Customers like Under Armour, eBay, The Washington Post, Johnson & Johnson, and Zapier use Vercel to build dynamic user experiences on the web.
At Vercel, our mission is to enable the world to ship the best products and that goes hand in hand with creating an environment where you can do the best work of your life.
About the Role:
Vercel is hiring a Senior Field Marketing Manager, EMEA to play an essential role in driving awareness and consideration for our product among enterprise companies through pipeline-generating events, including: trade shows, regional, sponsored, field events, and owned events.
In this role, your mission will be to drive strategy and execution, generating net-new business and accelerate existing deals via field marketing tactics and pipeline maturing programs. Day to day activities center around high-quality event execution, identifying event trends for Vercel’s Enterprise audience, working closely with the sales team, and reporting and running campaign analysis. This role will primarily partner with Sales, Demand Gen, Partnerships, PMM, RevOps, and our Executive Team.
The ideal candidate will have meticulous attention-to-detail and project management skills, a deep understanding of the demand funnel, campaign analysis, and reporting. This candidate feels comfortable being incredibly autonomous and directing our executive team. Understanding the developer audience and their jobs to be done is required.
What You Will Do:
- Translate integrated campaigns and GTM programs into events and experiences for Vercel’s enterprise audience
- Create and implement end-to-end campaign flow; including audience segmentation, customer journeys, promotional and follow-up strategies
- Partner with engineering, product, PMM, and external speakers to develop and execute event content and speaking sessions
- Project manage and execute end-to-end event production: Manage contracts, communication, planning, logistics, and execution of events
- Maintain a calendar of events and identify new event opportunities for the organization
- Maintain a detailed and meticulous budget. Ability to forecast projected ROI based on historical conversion rates
- Act as the primary logistical support person for marketing events and trade shows. This includes agency comms, coordinating shipping of materials, booth properties, graphics, literature, promotional items, rental equipment, and tracking
- Educate and enable sales on enterprise, vertical, and industry messaging, event responsibilities, and follow-up strategy
- Works closely with sales development teams, enabling promo and follow up strategies are in place, moving, and successful. Partner on accelerating pipeline maturing programs
- Deeply understands the demand funnel and how field marketing tactics fit into different stages of the buyer journey
- Experience using Salesforce for campaign analysis. Independently pull metrics and reports, tell a story with data and make data-informed decisions on future investments
- Travel required (Covid-permitting) 35% of the time
- A hacker’s mentality. You obsess over finding novel ways to efficiently scale every program—even when conventional wisdom says you’re wrong.
- 6+ years of experience in field / event marketing.
- Salesforce knowledge is essential.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity. You know where we need to go, but recognize it won’t always be a straight path to get there.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves. We’re still a startup, and will expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard to provide feedback and get the job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll regularly communicate directly with executives and other senior leaders.
- Bias for speed. We move very quickly, and will expect you to set a similar pace for your team.
- Great compensation package and stock options.
- Inclusive Healthcare Package.
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills.
- Flexible Time Off – Flexible vacation policy with a recommended 4-weeks per year, and paid holidays.
- Remote Friendly – Work with teammates from different time zones across the globe.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.