Senior Developer Advocate
Vercel’s Frontend Cloud provides the developer experience and infrastructure to build, scale, and secure a faster, more personalized web. Vercel enables customers like Under Armour, Nintendo, The Washington Post, Porsche, and Zapier to build dynamic user experiences on the web.
At Vercel, our mission is to enable the world to ship the best products and that goes hand in hand with creating an environment where you can do the best work of your life.
About the role:
We’re hiring a Senior Developer Advocate to educate our community about our open-source projects. This includes Next.js, our React framework, and our AI SDK and v0. You’ll be part of our product team, working with our engineers building these tools.
What you will do:
- Create high quality demos, examples, and content teaching our community
- Be active and involved in the open-source community
- Help developers understand how to build great products through our tools
- Contribute and author documentation updates
- You have 5+ years of prior experience in an engineering role
- You are an excellent technical writer
- You care about building great products and love to geek out about the tech that enables these experiences
- Some experience with Next.js and Vercel is preferred
- You obsess about finding new ways to explain and simplify hard problems
- You enjoy helping other developers learn new concepts
As part of your application, please be sure to include a link to your GitHub and/or personal website so we can get a sense of your coding ability and prior work!
- Great compensation package and stock options.
- Inclusive Healthcare Package.
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills.
- Flexible Time Off – Flexible vacation policy with a recommended 4-weeks per year, and paid holidays.
- Remote Friendly – Work with teammates from different time zones across the globe.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $155,000.00 – $185,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.