Senior Data Engineer
Clarity AI is a global tech company founded in 2017 committed to bringing social impact to markets. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to provide investors, governments, companies, and consumers with the right data, methodologies, and tools to make more informed decisions.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading sustainability tech company backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse, who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK, and the US this year, so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will shape and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors worldwide.
Clarity is looking for an Senior DE for the Tech team. If you’re a Software/Data Engineer, specialized in ETL’s and you enjoy solving complex problems with code, developing and you are not afraid of learning new things, we are looking for you.
You will be part of the team delivering the different parts of our production-ready product, while co-designing and implementing an architecture that can scale up with the product and the company.
Our tech stack is documented here: https://stackshare.io/clarity-ai/clarity-ai-data
Location: This position can be based within Europe or Remote.
- You will help to build a data platform to enable other teams to self service high quality data while performing data operations to support their day to day actions.
- You will join the data engineering team which is responsible for developing models, practises and systems to support the data lifecycle.
- You’ll support designing and creating all aspects of our ever-growing set of external and internal data pipelines, understand the problems, and tie them back to data engineering solutions
- You will be responsible of designing and building our ETL’s
- You’ll transform raw data from different sources (batch and near-real-time) into intuitive data models, using a diverse set of tools (such as Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Kafka, etc.) to build robust data pipelines of high quality in a scalable fashion (regarding volume and maintainability).
- In order to develop feature and product features, you will form part of cross functional squads including people of many different teams.
- Work closely with Platform, Data Science and Backend teams, as well as product and tech teams.
- Fix, troubleshoot and solve bugs and issues
- You have 7+ years of professional experience as a Software Developer/Data Engineer, and hold a degree in a quantitative field (CS, Engineer, Math, Physics, … ).
- You have built production data pipelines in the cloud, setting up data-lake and server-less solutions; on top of that, you have hands-on experience with schema design and data modelling.
- Proven knowledge of Python is required, Java/Scala will be a plus
- You have strong SQL skills and knowledge and familiarity with other distributed data stores such as Redis, ElasticSearch, Druid, Cassandra, Hbase.
- You are comfortable working in containerized cloud developments, and familiar with the integration of public and private APIs.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity team will be based remotely.
- Open to try new technologies and programming languages.
- Fluency in English
It will be a plus if you had:
- Experience in SaaS fast growing business would be preferable, although not required.
- Ideally experience in the financial sector or regulated markets.
- Familiarity with some other technologies / frameworks( Spring Boot, Jersey, Play..) is a plus
- ESOP / Phantom Stock: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity AI. That’s why we allow them to participate in our success with ESOP or Phantom stock options.
- Empowered Learning: We value continuous learning development and allocate an annual training budget to support your professional growth.
- Premium Health Insurance: We provide access to one of the top health insurance plans in the market, powered by Cigna.
- Wellness and Fitness (Gympass): Access to your preferred and your favorite gyms and studios – as well as online live fitness classes, health & wellness apps, and virtual personal training sessions.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We promote work-life balance through flexible schedules and remote work options. For our hybrid work set-ups, we have offices in Madrid (complete with healthy food options and monthly office events), New York City, London, Paris, Riyadh, and Abu Dhabi, and access to a global network of co-working spaces.
At Clarity AI, we are dedicated to cultivating an exceptional workplace environment. We take pride in our culture, defined by our commitment to being fact-based, diverse, transparent, meritocratic, and flexible.
More about Clarity AI
Clarity AI’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur recognised as one of the most distinguished leaders under 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by excellent leadership from diverse backgrounds, countries, and experiences ranging from leading tech, consulting, and banking firms to entrepreneurs, MBAs and PhDs from top research institutions.
Clarity AI has received several awards:
- Investment Week – Best Sustainable Investment Research & Ratings Provider 2023
- Fast Company – Most Innovative Companies 2023
- The Forrester New Wave Leader: ESG Ratings, Data, and Analytics 2022
- European Commission | EU Seal of Excellence 2020
- World Economic Forum – Technology Pioneer 2020
- World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader – Rebeca Minguela
Clarity AI believes diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential for creating an innovative and successful workplace. By actively promoting and engaging in sustainability efforts, we can help create a more equitable and resilient future for our planet and all its inhabitants.