Senior Data Engineer – RealFi
IO Global (IOG), the creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Senior Data Engineer, preferably with a DeFi background. IOG is creating a spinout venture that combines crypto/Web3/DeFi innovations with traditional finance (TradFi) to make borrowing and lending services more transparent, efficient, and available to a broader population. The venture aims to build a marketplace to syndicate tokenized debt assets globally in a fully compliant manner. While the initial focus is on Africa, RealFi has global applicability.
You will help support the efforts to establish this venture during its incubation phase within IOG. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, health, and performance of IOG’s key data pipelines, bringing significant experience from the financial sector and big data projects.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using mainly AWS technologies.
- Recommend, and where appropriate, implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support business analysis, data scientists, user’s solutions and user’s reporting needs.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for users.
- Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions for decision making and product management.
- Demonstrate competency with requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Develop productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and manage user expectations effectively.
- Have a keen interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency technology developments.
- Ability to work remotely with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to work and deliver end-to-end projects independently.
- Team spirit and good communication abilities.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Professional experience in the financial services sector with Credit and/or Alternative Credit industry specific knowledge a plus.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies.
- A background in distributed computing and blockchain technologies in relation to data storage is also a plus.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan