Senior Data Engineer – Databricks | Remote-Friendly
At Velotio, we are embracing a remote-friendly work culture where everyone has the flexibility to either work remotely or from our office in Pune.
Join us and work from wherever you feel most productive!
Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We are a certified Great Place to Work® and recognized as one of the best companies to work for in India. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT & Machine Learning space. Our team of 325+ elite software engineers solves hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
- Work closely with our clients providing evaluation and recommendations of design patterns and solutions for data platforms with a focus on ETL, ELT, ALT, lambda, and kappa architectures
- Define SLAs, SLIs, and SLOs with inputs from clients, product owners, and engineers to deliver data-driven interactive experiences
- Provide expertise, proof-of-concept, prototype, and reference implementations of architectural solutions for cloud, on-prem, hybrid, and edge-based data platforms
- Provide technical inputs to agile processes, such as epic, story, and task definition to resolve issues and remove barriers throughout the lifecycle of client engagements
- Creation and maintenance of infrastructure-as-code for cloud, on-prem, and hybrid environments using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Helm, and Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Mentor, support and manage team members.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of demonstrable experience in enterprise level data platforms involving implementation of end-to-end data pipelines
- Hands-on experience in using Databricks
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the leading public cloud data platforms (Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience with column-oriented database technologies (e.g., Big Query, Redshift, Vertica), NoSQL database technologies (e.g., DynamoDB, BigTable, Cosmos DB, etc.) and traditional database systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience in architecting data pipelines and solutions for both streaming and batch integrations using tools/frameworks like Glue ETL, Lambda, Google Cloud DataFlow, Azure Data Factory, Spark, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Metadata definition and management via data catalogs, service catalogs, and stewardship tools such as OpenMetadata, DataHub, Alation, AWS Glue Catalog, Google Data Catalog.
- Test plan creation and test programming using automated testing frameworks, data validation and quality frameworks, and data lineage frameworks
- Data modeling, querying, and optimization for relational, NoSQL, timeseries, graph databases, data warehouses and data lakes
- Data processing programming using SQL, DBT, Python, and similar tools
- Cloud-native data platform design with a focus on streaming and event-driven architectures
- Participate in integrated validation and analysis sessions of components and subsystems on production servers
- Data ingest, validation, and enrichment pipeline design and implementation
- SDLC optimization across workstreams within a solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment
Note: Currently, all interviews and onboarding processes at Velotio are being carried out remotely through virtual meetings.