Security Software Engineer with Python
Intuition Machines uses AI/ML to build enterprise security products. We apply our research to systems that serve hundreds of millions of people, with a team distributed around the world. You are probably familiar with our best-known product, the hCaptcha security suite. Our approach is simple: low overhead, small teams, and rapid iteration.
As a Security Software Engineer, you will design, develop, and implement robust security software solutions for our SaaS security platform, including bot detection and fraud mitigation. Your primary responsibilities will include crafting secure code, identifying and mitigating potential security risks, and integrating cutting-edge security tools and techniques into our products.
In addition, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the highest standards of security are maintained across all aspects of our software development lifecycle. By staying informed about the latest advancements in the cybersecurity landscape, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of our security posture, ultimately safeguarding the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of our Customers’ data and systems.
What will you do:
- Develop and maintain SOC security automation capabilities, in partnership with our AI/ML research team and security specialists.
- Conduct in-depth research on software tools or services that aid threat actors to bypass our bot detection solutions.
- Interact with external security researchers in our bug bounty program.
- Own components within the vulnerability management program for our software stack.
- Maintain our up-to-date knowledge base of threat intelligence, vulnerabilities, attack vectors, bot management, and adversarial research.
- Collaborate with our security analysts in demanding security investigations.
- Own technical aspects of integration (configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, go-live) of our internal security tooling.
- Identify new standards and technologies that could impact our security products accuracy.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years full time development experience, ideally across the stack. Web Frontend / JS / Web APIs / Python, etc.
- Experience integrating security into build, deployment and test automation, SDLC orchestration, environment management, monitoring, and production.
- Understanding of Web Security paradigms, including OWASP project.
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in API test automation and standardization is a great plus.
- Experience in bug bounty programs and your own public CVEs/research related to web applications is a great plus.
- Exposure to modern web browser security design, web architecture, network protocols and web automation frameworks.
- Experience red-teaming, e.g. developing bot-nets and white hat hacking is a plus.
- Be a great collaborator and communicator, stay curious.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
What we offer:
- Fully remote position with flexible working hours.
- An inspiring team of colleagues spread all over the world.
- Pleasant, modern development and deployment workflows: ship early, ship often.
- High impact: lots of users, happy customers, high growth, and cutting edge R&D.
- Flat organization, direct interaction with customer teams.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse global workforce. We believe that the best way to learn, grow, and succeed, both as individuals and as a company, is to foster a culture that is fundamentally rooted in equality.
Join us as we transform cyber security, user privacy, and machine learning online!