SAT Prep Tutor (Virtual, Flexible, REMOTE) 2023-24
Online Part-Time Tutoring – Exciting Opportunity for Teachers!
VIRTUAL SAT Prep tutoring for 8th-12th grade students across the country with flexible hours and higher pay than most tutoring companies. This role doesn’t require you to be in a classroom.
Tutored by Teachers (TbT) is on a mission to close the opportunity gap by serving high-need students with personalized virtual instruction delivered by highly qualified teachers. We empower our nation’s teachers to provide part-time, online tutoring to students across the country. You focus on teaching, we’ll take care of the rest!
TbT pays $36.00 per hour for tutoring (on a prorated basis) plus a 10% bonus for light preparation. For a one-hour tutoring session, that is $39.60 per session! Our pay rate is often more than 2X the rate many tutors receive for online tutoring.
This is not a full-time role. Upon admission into our community of highly qualified TbT Teacher-Tutors, you will be eligible to express interest in and accept tutoring engagement opportunities. We can’t guarantee staffing and a set amount of hours once you’ve been admitted into our community. Please note the pay rates may vary for different tutoring engagements.
We are seeking teachers to provide virtual small group instruction to algebra students across the country!
- This role requires you to have 3 years of Math and/or ELA lead teaching experience in a U.S., K-12, public, private, and/or charter school.
- We are generally seeking U.S.-credentialed teachers. Exceptions may be considered -e.g., for retired teachers with recently lapsed credential and classroom experience; teachers with significant teaching experience; etc.
- You will need to have daytime availability (8am-4pm Eastern).
Bonus points for:
- Experience teaching K-12 ELA and/or Math in the classroom
- Experience teaching in an online environment
- Working knowledge of Google Classroom and Zoom
- Experience with remediation, intervention or small group instruction
- Experience using Microsoft Teams
- Active teaching credential
- SPED or ELL teaching experience
- Dedication to advancing equity in schools
- Experience teaching Spanish Language Arts
We’re currently adding teachers to our Teacher-Tutor Community for fall engagement opportunities. Teachers will also be eligible to seek out engagements in future semesters if they remain in the community. As we begin new engagements, we will reach out to the community to share tutoring opportunities and fill needed positions. Apply now to join our community, and receive updates on new tutoring engagements! Staffing isn’t guaranteed.
Once staffed for a tutoring engagement, our compensation rate is generally $36.00 per hour of tutoring (on a prorated basis) plus a 10% bonus for light preparation. You can also apply to take on additional opportunities within the community, such as interviewing, customer success, working on content, or becoming a mentor teacher.