Sales Representative, Vancouver East (Wellmore)
About WellMore Holdings
Wellmore Holdings owns and operates a portfolio of clean, fast-growing brands across several health and wellness categories, including sports nutrition, plant-based protein, collagen, teas, and superfoods. Owned by WM Partners, the WellMore portfolio of brands includes Vega, Great Lakes Wellness, Jade Leaf Matcha, and FGO (From Great Origins).
Wellmore is committed to making clean, great-tasting products that improve the health and wellbeing of our consumers and the planet! It is the people that make us who we are: a diverse community of ambitious humans working tirelessly to make a positive impact on the planet, on people, and on the communities, we live in. Learn more at getwellmore.com
Remote, based in Vancouver with the ability to travel to customers and to trade shows as required
About the Role
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Sales Representative. You will focus on building relationships with and providing exceptional customer service on the ground with retailers and consumers.
Day to day, you will be responsible for developing and managing an efficient sales call schedule, while building strong relationships with assigned retailers and team members within your assigned territory. In this role, you will have the opportunity to identify educational and training opportunities within each retailer while developing and managing merchandising strategies based on Regional Promo plans. You will also be responsible for managing trade programs, account promotion budgets and plans and identifying cross-merchandising opportunities throughout the store with buyers, department managers and store leadership. The ideal candidate will be passionate about driving sales; will be proactive in their approach, solution focused and an energetic self-starter.
What You’ll Do
Store Calls and Management:
- Create efficient sales call schedule
- Develop relationships with Department Manager, Buyer, Demo Coordinator, Store Leadership
- Familiarize yourself with the nutrition department/team, the store/team, the other departments, the store calendar, etc.
- Identify educational opportunities, conduct floor trainings when possible and appropriate, and make appointments with Department Managers for follow-up trainings
- Set up staff trainings where needed
- Secure orders during store visits
- Build displays in multiple locations with the store
- Manage customer expectations regarding shipping lead times
Merchandising and Promotions:
- Communicate National and Regional promo plans to store level buyers and managers
- Develop and execute merchandising strategies with stores based on National and Regional promo plans
- Create promo and business plans, outlining activity to drive sales
- Schedule endcap or off-shelf placement with stores in support of promotions and create suggested promo orders
- Manage account promotion budgets, promotional plans, and merchandising plans
- Ensure Vega products are 100% in stock at store level
- Secure prominent, eye-level shelf placement in each product category at store level
- Identify cross-merchandising opportunities throughout the store and work with buyers, department managers, and store leadership to implement placement throughout the store
- Talk with end consumers at store level to educate and assist stores in selling Vega products
- Ensure strong placement of POS materials at stores
- Manage your trade program to maximize your sales growth priorities and objectives
- Analyze trade investment reports to ensure efficient and effective use of trade dollars to maximize sales growth
- Schedule demos at top stores based on demand and support needs
Working with Internal Departments:
- Inform all departments of large promotions to reduce chance of out of stocks and work load backlog
- Ensure customer files are accurate and inform Retail Support Representative (RSR) of any changes
- Contact RSR regarding specific shipping requests or questions
- Create reports outlining sales promotion recaps and store performances
- Analyze reports to identify areas of opportunity and threats
- Advise Marketing Department of opportunities for promotions and threats from competition
- Participate in trade shows and special events
What We’re Looking For
- University or College Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of previous experience in field CPG sales
- Experience in the Natural Health Food industry an asset
- Exceptional Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Comfort and skill in problem solving and resolving customer issues
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Previous CRM use
Perks for You
Join us in helping people be well, more! You will have the opportunity to work with sharp, motivated humans working to make a positive impact on the planet, on people and on the communities, we live in. Some of our benefits & perks for full-time employees include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage to fit your needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Education, Fitness & BeWell Flex Funds
- Bucketlist Rewards Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Product!
The annual base salary range for this position in Vancouver is $70,000-75,000 CAD/year. The annual base salary offered may be adjusted based on a variety of factors, including location, education, skills, training, and experience.
Applicants for employment in Canada must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in Canada.
Wellmore does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wellmore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status or any other legally protected factor. Wellmore Holdings is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities.