Sales Development Representative (Fully remote)
Who We Are & What We Do:
Branching Minds’ mission is to empower all educators to effectively, efficiently, and equitably support the holistic needs of their students; and to create a path to academic and personal success for every learner. Already supporting over 1,500,000 students across 200+ districts from close to 40 states, our vision is to be the most impactful national K12 school district solution for achieving high-fidelity MTSS/RTI; consistently demonstrating our ability to save teachers’ planning/documenting time, improve outcomes of our students, and eliminate achievement gaps.
As a startup, we don’t have to play by the rules of traditional organizations. We get to be innovative in the solutions we develop for our partners and the way we conduct our business for ourselves. Branching Minds is also a Benefit corporation. We get to prioritize our mission > profit, and the means of getting there is just as important as the ends. We err towards self-management, transparency, collaboration, initiative, and giving a damn.
If using innovation to reimagine education in service of equity energizes you — join our team!
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be integral in forming partnerships with school districts of all sizes to help all students succeed by improving their RTI / MTSS practice. You will be able to create successful outbound sequences utilizing company tools (CRM) and protocols for pipeline development.
As part of the Sales team, this role reports to the Sales Development Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Schedule meetings with school districts in your territory for the field sales team
- Sell Branching Minds platform and related Professional Services
- Build partnerships with district leaders and help them achieve student success for all learners
- Leverage our existing partners to drive new opportunities, as well as to work with them to grow these existing partnerships
- Own the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing on smaller districts
- Show off your outbound cold calling hustle and presentation skills via webinar
- Flex your organization and reporting abilities
- Communicate and work with the team on overall sales and marketing strategies
- Manage transitions to the customer support team to ensure customer success
Why We Want You:
- Solid experience working in K12 education or a related business development role in Ed Tech or related industries
- Strong drafting, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Able to cultivate personal relationships with potential clients to become a trusted ‘advisor’ and friend
- Excited by our mission and ready to seize on the momentum we have built as a leader in RTI/MTSS
- Comfortable with the dynamic, self-motivated, collaborative, fast-paced culture of a startup, and able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Your voice, your commitment, and your passion can guide our collective efforts to drive enthusiasm and increase the adoption of our platform and, ultimately, to pursue our end goal of helping all K12 students succeed!
Lucky Us If You:
(No biggie if you don’t)
- Sold school district-level software working closely with educators & administrators (preferably, sold assessment/intervention/RTI/MTSS tools in the educational technology market)
- Worked in K12 schools as an educator and thoroughly knowledgeable of best practices within RTI / MTSS
- Showcased strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated experience with territory and call cycle management, as well as strong customer service and listening skills
- Achieved proficiency with business process technology, including CRM software, G-Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive Calendar), and Microsoft Office
- Operated effectively within a remote-first team, utilizing tools such as Slack and Zoom.
If we are a match you can expect a total of 3 steps in the interview process after the initial application
- 30-minute Video Interview with the Sales Development Manager
- 45-minute Deep Dive with Sales Development Manager + Peer Sales Team member
- 60-minute Final Round with Sales Leadership Panel
What We Offer You:
- Check out our Benefits (https://secure.justworks.com/benefits/company_benefits_overviews/bf8d70ab-e955-48c9-aca4-6abde62d702d/show )
- Fully remote! #LI-Remote
- An awesome, cross-disciplinary, mission-driven team solving meaningful problems that improve the lives of educators and students.
- Base annual compensation for this role is $50,000 – $65,000 based on experience and expertise + bonus and commissions
In Our Own Words, We Are…
Independent, Relaxed, Ownership, Flexible, Always Learning, Casual, Adaptable, “Best Idea Wins,” Passionate, Dedicated, Very Capable/Competent, Efficient, Communicative, Welcoming, Caring, Scrappy, Friendly, Co-operative, Agile, Supportive, Principle-Driven, Respectful, Practical, Attentive, Funny, Self-Motivated, Silly Parrots.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Branching Minds, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where everyone, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, professional and life experiences, disabilities, and abilities, feels valued and respected. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to continuing to create a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment.
Our Commitment to People with Disabilities
Branching Minds is committed to disability inclusion and to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com