Relationship Manager – Emerging/Mid Market
WHAT WE DO
We are on a mission to empower the world to invest fearlessly.
Nitrogen is the growth platform for wealth management firms. We help our customers grow their business by providing a personalized client experience while increasing firmwide efficiency. We believe that people should have access to objective and easy-to-understand information as it relates to investing and their own financial futures. The wealth management firms we partner with do exactly that.
WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT
Nitrogen is defined by growth. We are a fast-paced, ever-evolving team that loves being at the forefront of technological innovation in the investing space. The work we do takes creative problem solving and a can-do attitude. Every member of our team is a critical player who takes accountability for their work and stewards it with excellence. As a company, we value each other by creating space for everyone to be heard and well supported. We achieve this goal through weekly team meetings, one-on-one managerial investment in each employee, and thorough feedback processes. We strive to create an atmosphere that is based on respect and communication, while also fostering an engaging and lively work environment. From all-staff meetings, to team build events, to department-wide retreats, we give everyone a seat at the table to contribute their best work and have fun along the way. We are highly collaborative, thoroughly engaged, and completely committed to bringing our best day-in and day-out. From the customers we support, to the careers we foster, we infuse growth and advancement into everything we touch.
Nitrogen is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are committed to being fair and intentional in our hiring decisions by reviewing every application thoroughly.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
As a Relationship Manager, you will take a proactive, consultative approach with our customers and their needs. We have a commitment to provide unparalleled service, support, and expertise, anticipating and responding to their needs with agility and excellence. By fostering strong relationships we have a better opportunity to retain customers and help them to grow their businesses.
- Relationship Management: Meets quarterly with client key stakeholders to develop consultative, trusted relationships within client organizations, including Senior Executives, Advisors, and other Nitrogen users. Consults with clients to better understand their Executive priorities as a firm to help align the Nitrogen growth platform to meet their goals. Understanding how a client deploys Nitrogen and being able to articulate the value of the Nitrogen growth platform is required in order to help with the client NPS and retention efforts.
- Client Growth: Identifies both organic growth and upsell opportunities and works within the Nitrogen organization to position, close and implement these solutions.
- Project Management: Works with internal teams to ensure client programs are established on time, appropriate training is set up and responsible for managing client expectations during this process.
- Client Retention: Responsible for client retention efforts. Understanding your assigned client base and making sure appropriate steps have been taken well in advance of the renewal date to help ensure contract extension and satisfaction.
- Four + years client relationship management experience required with an emphasis on the mid market segment a plus
- Strong understanding of SaaS in the financial services industry
- Client retention and sales quota experience
- Experience in financial services is a plus but not required
- Be skilled in developing the relationship with the key decision maker and other mobilizers at each of your accounts.
- Have the ability to handle objections and determine a course of action that can help provide a solution.
- Proactively manage the post-sales customer lifecycle for Mid-Market accounts.
- Have a strong knowledge of the customer journey.
- Speak the language of our core audiences: advisors, broker-dealers, corporate RIAs, custodians, clearing firms, asset managers, and compliance departments.
- Intelligent, adaptive, and teachable. Willing to accept constant feedback and continually improve.
- Work well in a high-energy, fast paced, and constantly changing environment.
- Convey complicated information in written and verbal communication that is simple, clear, concise, professional, and friendly.
- Clearly set client agendas and follow up and follow through.
The expected total compensation range for this position is $70k – $80k.
Lesser experience may result in lower compensation and greater experience may result in greater compensation than the stated range.
Financial Benefits & Perks
- 4% 401(k) Match. Our employees invest so much in our company and we love getting to invest in them. The company will match your contributions dollar-for-dollar, up to 4% of your total annual compensation.
- Free Financial Planning Services. By working at a financial technology company, you get the benefit of fantastic financial advice. This is offered to all employees wanting expert guidance on how to handle their money.
Health & Family
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans. We want to help keep you (and your family) healthy! Comprehensive health insurance options for you & your family.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) or Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) available depending on chosen medical plan. We know that investment risk isn’t a one-size-fits all and neither are your health savings options!
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for either the birth or adoption of a child. Mom’s & Dad’s need time with their new family members!
- Discounted pet insurance available. Pets are family too!!
Time Away & Culture
- 3 weeks vacation & 1 week sick time per year.Take the time you need for fun or simply time to recover from not feeling well.
- 11 paid company holidays per year. Enjoy your time off; you deserve it!
- Remote & in-person team building activities help our employees stay connected and engaged. We absolutely love to hype our people up!
- Company wide meetings held by our CEO benefit all employees by keeping everyone in the loop. We are one team, and we tackle projects together.
- Employee development is our priority. From leadership training, to mentorship, to industry resources, we care about progressing you in your career.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
While you can learn a lot from a job description, you may have more questions, and that’s totally okay! We encourage all individuals interested in working at Nitrogen to learn more about us by checking us out on our website and social media platforms: