We’re on a mission to help the automotive industry transition to 100% electric vehicles.
We believe in a future of self-managing, reliable, and affordable charging for companies, fleet operators, and humans on our planet.
Who We Are
Ampcontrol is a venture-backed and growing team of engineers and energy experts building the new way of EV charging for fleets. A truly global company, Ampcontrol’s team and partners span five continents.
Ampcontrol works with fleet operators, solutions companies, and others to reduce energy costs, avoid late departures, and ensure reliable charging operations through AI-powered software.
We have a flat hierarchy where we aim for consensus and let everyone shape the team and their work environment.
Ampcontrol is looking for a Python Developer to join our growing team. You will be working with a tightly knit, remote team of Python enthusiasts who are eager to learn and improve their craft every day.
What you will do
- Work on our FastAPI backend
- Extend and improve the performance of our SQL and time series databases
- Offload async tasks to Celery and add RabbitMQ queues to improve scaleability
- Improve our CICD pipelines, Docker and Kubernetes configurations
- Build Grafana charts and use Prometheus queries to understand how our system behaves
- Work closely with the product-, frontend-, and data science teams
- Learn about Electric Vehicle charging, standards, protocols and integrations
Who you are
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to inspire and connect with teammates
- Able to self-motivate and self-manage, as a growing company we are looking for individuals who want to take ownership of their areas
- Have at least 3 years of full-time Python development experience
- Strong understanding and experience with RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of at least one cloud computing platform, an SQL database and queues
- Understand unit-, integration- and end-to-end testing
- Fluency in English for verbal and written communication is required
- Motivation to work on electric vehicles and sustainability
- Remote applicants should be located in Europe or in the Americas, and within the UTC+3 and UTC-6 time zones
- Ready to travel a few times a year to company meetups
- Long-term and full commitment
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays).
Depending on your location we can provide:
- Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Commuter Benefits