Project Manager/Software Engineer – Data Science – Machine Learning
NuvoLogic Consulting is a management consulting company in the Northern Virginia area. We engage with public and private sector clients with a primary focus on financial services and mortgage finance. We help our clients in the areas of finance, accounting and operations to support CFO, budget, audit readiness, and risk management functions; business and data analytics to help management make insightful decisions; internal controls, compliance and governance to ensure processes are compliant with regulatory guidance; and process improvements to explore and implement efficient approaches.
NuvoLogic is a growing company and we are looking for individuals to grow with us. We are looking for consultants who not only have strong technical skills, but are well-rounded, analytical, detail oriented, inquisitive, problem solvers. We encourage you to share ideas and explore innovation, but also inspire you to implement those ideas and think big. We foster a collaborate and supportive environment where you can do your best work and think of your greatest ideas.
NuvoLogic Consulting is seeking a talented and experienced Project Manager with expertise in Software Engineering supporting development of Machine Learning tools. This role will be responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of software projects and development of machine learning tools in support of a Department of Treasury IRS project working with large data sets. This Consultant will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and other stakeholders to provide guidance on data infrastructure and framework required for the development of machine learning tools and deployment of products in the AWS. As a Project Manager, you are responsible for the quality assurance of deliverables, acting as liaison between the client and the project team, and to ensure projects are completed within scope, budget, and timeline.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Provide effective leadership to a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders within an iterative data science framework, including problem identification, data discovery, data acquisition, data ingestion, data munging, data modeling, model validation, communication and dissemination of knowledge, data governance, ethics
- Utilize the data science framework to lead the development of data products and machine learning tools.
- Process data sources from “Data Discovery and Acquisition” phase, including ingesting data sources for data consolidation and transforming data sources into structured datasets.
- Create a visual representation of the data science framework using Kanban.
- Create and validate data models to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Repurpose and leverage available data sources from businesses and individuals.
- Effectively convey knowledge, information, ideas, and insights about data and models.
- Disseminate weekly and monthly reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead frequent status meetings and briefings with the Project Team, Management, and Executive Leadership to provide updates and align strategies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of proven experience in software engineering, including proficiency in programming languages and frameworks in the cloud environment.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in project management, leading the delivery of software projects and products from initiation to completion.
- Strong familiarity and hands on experience developing machine learning tools in big data environments.
- Experience using GitHub Enterprise.
- Strong understanding of database design and development for querying relational data.
- Experience with deploying applications on Amazon GovCloud.
- Proficiency in Markdown for documentation.
- Knowledge of Docker for containerization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Problem-solving mindset, with the ability to identify and address project issues proactively.
- Leadership capabilities, with experience in mentoring and guiding project team members.
- Familiarity with R for data munging and modeling.
- Familiarity with Shiny for data visualization.
- Proficiency in RStudio and VSCode for programming.
Location: Hybrid – Remote
NuvoLogic will consider W2 employees only for this position.
NuvoLogic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. NuvoLogic participates in E-Verify to validate employment status. Candidates should be authorized to work in the United States as a permanent resident or US Citizen. We are not able to sponsor or accept any VISA Holders at this time, including H1B, EAD or OPT.