Professional eLearning Consultant (Continuous Adult Learning and Trade Assoc)
Location: United States
Salary: $85k-$120k / year
At Tagoras (pronounced tah-GOR-us), we have more than 15 years of experience serving the global market for adult lifelong learning, continuing education, and professional development. We advise learning businesses on how to maximize their reach, revenue, and impact. While organized as a for-profit company, Tagoras is mission-driven. Learning businesses play a vital role in society, and we believe deeply in the power of learning to transform individuals, organizations, and communities.
What is a learning business? Learning businesses are market-facing providers of learning. They create learning experiences and sell them to adult lifelong learners. They have to generate revenue, and most must generate a profit. So they are businesses, and they are learning providers. Learning businesses differ from corporate L&D and higher education degree programs. They include trade and professional associations; academic professional, continuing, and online education (PCO) units; and training firms.
Historically, our consulting clients have been associations that offer lifelong learning, continuing education, professional development, workforce development, and/or credentialing programs. We have begun expanding our focus to also include PCO units and training firms. We do not consult with corporate training departments, academic degree programs, or K-12 education providers.
Consulting work is currently performed by the director of consulting services with support from other Tagoras staff members and, as needed, outside contractors. The Consultant selected for this position will be a full-time member of the consulting team and will report to and work closely with the director of consulting services. The main areas this candidate will focus on include market assessment, strategy formulation, and technology selection. While primarily focused on the delivery of consulting services, the consultant is also expected to help secure consulting business.
This is a full-time remote position.
We are looking for a Business Consultant specifically with these requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in or for marketing-facing learning businesses (strong preference for experience with associations, PCO units, or commercial training firms).
- Proven experience in leading complex consulting projects from start to finish.
- Expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research, with strong data collection and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of diverse business areas, including strategy, marketing, technology, training, education, and events.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Proficient in financial analysis, capable of generating profit-and-loss statements, and other basic financial documents.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including the ability to deliver on complex projects and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with common business software, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience in market research, including collaborative survey design, as well as analysis that generates actionable recommendations for clients.
- Proficiency with project management tools and software, databases, and business intelligence tools (e.g., Qualtrics, Monday.com).
- Ability to create and refine efficient systems at both personal and company-wide levels.
- Comfortable with and available for occasional business travel (e.g., for client work, industry events, and company meetings).
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Consulting Services (Approximately 80%)
- Lead and support solo or team-based consulting projects, ensuring that the outputs from our work fulfill the stated goals of each project and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Lead and/or support multiple client projects simultaneously.
- Facilitate discussions with clients and stakeholders in both formal and informal contexts to gather information needed for addressing project goals.
- Conduct research using a range of quantitative and qualitative methods, including but not limited to surveys, interviews, focus groups, internet searches, and the review of documents and websites.
- Analyze and synthesize complex information gathered from the above activities into clear takeaways and recommendations.
- Create work products that add demonstrable client value, including needs analysis summaries, competitive analysis reports, personas, product and program positioning reviews, pro forma budgets, financial scenarios, pricing analysis, and other recommendations.
- Clearly and concisely present recommendations and work products to client stakeholders in the manner agreed upon with the client (e.g., a slide deck and verbal presentation).
- In conducting the above activities, ensure that the timeline and milestones for the project are clearly understood and agreed to by the client, and that all deadlines are met. Also, communicate progress on the project, along with any issues that arise, to the client and other Tagoras team members consistently and in a timely manner.
Business Development (Approximately 20%)
- Respond to inquiries from consulting prospects and initiate initial discussions to qualify each prospect.
- For qualified prospects, establish the objectives, measures, value to be created, and methods to be used for each prospective project.
- Utilize established Tagoras approaches and templates to develop proposals outlining the goals and parameters for prospective projects.
- Foster relationships with existing clients and actively seek new business opportunities.
- Monitor news and activities in our market to identify business opportunities.
- Represent Tagoras at client and industry events and participate in internal company meetings as needed for appropriate planning and coordination.
- Annual salary, paid monthly, commensurate with experience
- Participation in the Tagoras Qualified Small Employer Healthcare
- Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA) plan
- Following six months of employment, eligibility for participation in a 401(k) plan with employer match
- No limits on paid time off
- Stipend for professional development opportunities
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You’re Self-Motivated and a Self-Starter.
You won’t be expected to know everything from the start, but you see yourself as a lifelong learner and are good at figuring out what you need to know and then learning it independently. You know things can always be improved and approach each challenge with a positive, can-do attitude. You ask great questions, and are a keen observer, so can pick up on how things work quickly.
You’re a Highly Analytical and Detail-Oriented Problem-Solver.
You possess strong analytical skills and a detailed approach to problem-solving. Your ability to see the big picture combined with your sharp attention to detail allows you to identify effective strategies and find creative solutions based on your analysis and observations.
You’re an Excellent Communicator.
You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills that enable you to explain complex topics in simple ways. You can clearly convey your point and align stakeholders to common goals.
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service you’ll deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of five parts, so please be aware that you will need to dedicate time for a questionnaire, a video, two 1-on-1 interviews, and a test project.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. We look forward to hearing from you soon!