Borrowell is a Canadian company whose mission is to make financial prosperity possible for everyone. The first in Canada to offer free credit scores, Borrowell provides educational resources, monitoring, innovative digital tools, and personalized product recommendations to help people feel in control and optimistic about their financial future.
With more than 3 million members, Borrowell is one of the largest fintech companies in Canada. To support us on our mission, we’re building an exceptional team of high-performing yet humble individuals who believe Canadians deserve more choice when it comes to financial services.
We place a high value on building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are proud to have a gender-balanced team. We know that diverse teams perform better; half of our team identify as women or non-binary.
We’re always on the lookout for passionate and driven people. If you think you’d be a great fit at Borrowell, read on to learn more about us and how our business works!
About the role:
As a product-centric company, Borrowell is looking for a results-oriented Product Manager to create user value and deliver business outcomes. Youʼll own product discovery and delivery, working collaboratively with a dedicated, cross-functional team of design, engineering and data colleagues. In order to be successful, youʼll build strong working relationships across the company. Youʼll drive strong decision-making informed by user research, industry trends, and data analysis. If youʼre excited about being empowered and accountable for delivering business results and want to be part of building one of Canadaʼs fastest-growing fintech companies, this is the role for you.
- Own product discovery and delivery in order to achieve both user value and business outcomes
- Identify, test and prioritize new opportunities, as informed by user research, data analysis and the external environment
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional delivery team (Engineering, Design & Data), to develop and execute the product roadmap
- Understand the competitive environment and identify industry and technology trends that will impact the product strategy and overall business
- Monitor key metrics, and identify problems and opportunities to be addressed
- 2+ years of hands-on product management experience at a high growth B2C technology company
- Experience working with Engineering, Design and Data teams, driving the development of digital experiences that effectively accomplish business goals
- Strong quantitative analytics skills. Comfortable working with product analytics and business intelligence tools
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in financial services or credit-related industries
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You have strong analytical skills and quantitative instincts that drive data-driven decisions
- You must thrive in rapidly changing environments, with a strong willingness and ability to eliminate ambiguity and execute
- A strong sense of empathy with the customer and an ability to use data to inform product decisions
- The Opportunity – join and have a major impact at a growing company that is helping make financial stability possible for everybody
- Comprehensive Health Benefits – medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family, with extra yearly coverage for psychotherapists and massage therapists
- Additional Health Benefits – virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect 24/7 with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up – available to new parents
- Wellness Benefit – $600 annually to spend on whatever brings you joy
- WFH Reimbursement – we ship you gear like a laptop, mouse, keyboard, and you can reimburse additional items to make your workplace better for you
- Employee Development Benefit – annual reimbursements on payments to help your learning
- Givewell Benefit – 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility – flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
We are remote-first across Canada with an office in Toronto. This role will require you to attend in-person meetings and team-building events.
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset and care about helping people with their finances – an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.