Fitmate Coach offers motivational coaches to help people stick to their weight loss plans. We combine human coaches with Generative AI to make the service scalable and truly on demand to tackle the #1 problem people face when trying to adopt healthy behaviors – staying motivated. Demo here.
Our vision: be the leader in new category called Motivation-as-a-Service, where more people can access humans support to stay motivated, made affordable and on-demand by leveraging technology.
Alon Laniado is a 2x founder that believes essential human services can be made more accessible using tech. His first startup PathMotion (sold in 2021 to PageUp) allows existing employees to mentor job candidates at scale. Alon is certified as a Health coach and in Nutrition (Stanford), is an ex. Bain & Co. strategy consultant and member of Reforge.
We’re a passionate team of 10+ people across product, development and growth on a mission to help people overcome the barriers they face in trying to improve their health.
Is this role for you?
Having spent 2 years getting to product-market fit with an initial target audience that shows strong product love & retention with a v1 product, you’ll play a leading role in delivering the next stage of our Product Vision (a Tech-Enhanced Human Coach) via our two main interfaces – the consumer facing app and the coach dashboard. This involves:
- Answering challenging, first principled and unaddressed questions including effectively applying Generative AI to the domain of motivational coaching, and balancing the role of automation with the essential role of human coaches.
- Developing original solutions entailing making big product bets with significant upside.
- Ensuring the effective delivery of our product roadmap.
You’ll work directly with our founder and product team to:
- Agree priority problems / area to solve based off user insights and business priorities
- Discover solutions to identified problems, working as appropriate with our AI lead and health domain experts
- Work closely with our product designer and CTO to develop these solutions
- Develop and own a product roadmap, as well as product OKRs
- Update our product vision and ensure it is well communicated across our product and growth marketing, as well as the wider company.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- A strong interest in the field of health, nutrition & fitness
- Led on developing 0 to 1 product in a consumer-focused technology
- Excellent product sense and ability to think from first principles
- Strong experience applying modern product practices
- Data fluency and strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership to ensure our cross functional teams are aligned.
This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience. We believe in mindset and potential and so you’re aligned to our values, excited about the opportunity, and you’re really good at what you do (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway!
You’ll benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- 401k Scheme (US)
- Share option scheme
- Private Medical Insurance ⛑
- Company paid for training relevant to your role
- Regular social events
- An allowance to set up your home office
- 22 days vacation
- Your birthday off
- Working part remote and part at our offices in Menlo Park, San Francisco, USA
- Working with great people that will empower you on day 1
What is it like working at Fitmate? Check us out on Glassdoor.
- We empower people to discover solutions to hard and new problems
- We encourage (and expect) our People to take big (but informed) bets with significant upside
- Everyone’s entitled to challenge anyone – based on facts and good judgement
- We’re passionate about our work and our mission. Life’s too short.
- We deeply believe in the power of modern product and growth practices
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
Fitmate Coach is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Please let us know if you need reasonable adjustments at any point during the application and/or recruitment or process.