Product Designer (Contract or FTE)
This is a remote position. However, you must be available during working hours PST, aligned with our Silicon Valley offices. Working out of one of our offices is also a possibility. We are looking for FTE or contractors. You must live in the US and must be allowed to work.
Please provide a link to your portfolio in your resume or in your work experiences, including the password if applicable. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
At Momentum, we help global brands, fast-paced technology startups, emerging software companies, and big tech to solve high-impact business challenges through digital experience design. Our engagements span user/customer research, product strategy, design, and software development. We are user/customer experience obsessed, blending both digital product and service design to create innovative and transformative experiences for their organizations and customers. Our approaches are versatile, and each project may be unique in workflow and deliverables; from innovation sprints to extensive design thinking exercises, we adapt to meet the customer’s ever-changing needs.
What you could be working on as a Senior Digital Product Designer at MDL:
No year is the same. Over the past 18 months, you may have been designing for one or more interesting challenges such as:
- The 10-year vision of a connected cabin experience for a major automotive company
- Solving for the complexities of brain surgery through 3D, VR, and AR
- The end-to-end customer experience for one of the world’s largest telecoms
- Modeling hundreds of billions of dollars for the largest venture fund’s portfolio
- Tackling misinformation about pandemics for the largest global health organization
- Fighting human trafficking and drug smuggling at the US border
- Finding obscure cures to major diseases with NLP
- Cyber security for the largest US government agencies
- The experience of the next generation of connected smart refrigerators
- Solving for climate change with carbon offsets credits
- An investment strategies platform for a major financial services company
Whom we’re looking for:
- You have 1 to 4+ years of applicable design experience
- You must have excellent written and spoken English skills; this is 100% an English position
- You are an actual digital product designer e.g. you move pixels around with precision and have a portfolio that demonstrates it (no offense to you user researchers, we value you too — just not for this role)
- You enjoy learning about new industries and are a quick study
- You are looking for opportunities to help brands define their character
- You are a solid visual and interaction designer with the appetite to learn or improve your skills for translating user research insights into actionable strategy
- You enjoy creating modular, scalable wireframes and mockups that creatively apply consistent interface patterns across a variety of use cases and device types
- You can design using Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, and Principle and can adapt to new tools as they become available
- You can collaborate using Mural, Invision, Zeplin.io
- You know transactional data and what to do with it. You eat data visualization for lunch
- You like reducing the friction between the end user and their goals by pushing the limits of artificial intelligence
- You have a keen sense of motion design, 3D, and frontend technologies; or you want to learn
- You love to combine empathy with design to create usable experiences
- You are up for the challenge of charting new markets and inventing new industries
- You come with experience but want to learn new methodologies; you can share and collaborate with others on UX/UI guidelines and design patterns
- Your critical thinking skills are a strong attribute that helps you work through abstract and complex processes
- You understand that working at an agency gives you a wide perspective of many industries, processes, budget constraints, timelines, and unique customer needs
- You have an appetite for learning from your peers and sharing your knowledge
- You can clearly express yourself and defend what you create, how it drives your process, and most importantly, why it is effective.
- You enjoy working with others, collaborating with your team and customers, and understand that there is no I in Momentum.
- Must be able to travel to customer or other work-related locations from time to time (less than 20%).
- Creating and conducting User/Customer/Stakeholder interviews, Solution Validation Interviews, and Usability Testing
- Conducting current state assessments inclusive of heuristic evaluations and your expert analysis.
- Review and parse user research findings
- Understand, conceptualize, create and communicate user mental models, personas, user flow diagrams, journey maps, and other information architecture deliverables.
You get to shape the products of the future, your actionable insights drive key business decisions, and better product experiences globally for the millions, if not billions, that our work touches. Start-ups, scale-ups, unicorns, and $b companies all need your insights. No year is the same.
- Core Contribution—Small team means big impact. Every team member’s contribution has a tremendous impact on the project and our clients
- Autonomy—Our staff own their work, and you will have autonomy over how to get it done
- Project Diversity—In a months span, you may work on the next mobile social network, internet of things product, ad platform, or financial services product
- Occasional travel to clients from around the world, we often conduct our project kick-offs on-site.
- Competitive salary & benefits!