Pricing Analyst- Refined Products
Sparta Commodities currently has a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial and driven Pricing Analyst to join our growing Commodities team, based remotely in Dubai. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced Pricing Analyst, with established relationships in the refined products trading community, to play a key role in the growth plans of an early stage but highly regarded business with a premium product.
As a Pricing Analyst at Sparta, you will be working across the barrel and be given the autonomy to take full control and ownership of market pricing in the Middle Eastern region. This will include engaging with market trading participants and sources, collecting and publishing primary market information, formulating price assessments, reporting on market-related news, writing commentary, and contributing to the supply of accurate and real time prices to our tool. You will be a natural relationship builder that possesses a journalistic drive and an intellectual curiosity that will help you uncover the most up to date and accurate pricing information in the market whilst continually building your own reputation and contacts.
- Cover all aspects of market pricing on regional refined products markets.
- Leverage on the insights Sparta is providing to communicate and engage with market participants throughout the day, gather market information and analyse trade flow and activity.
- Create a methodology and editorial standard that allows you to develop and publish leading price assessments and commentary that will validate and feed the Sparta’s tools such as the blender and Arb model.
- Liaise with colleagues in research and analytics, collaborate on market stories and provide relevant pricing data and market information.
- Collaborate with Sparta’s research and analytics team to form thought pieces and deliver external presentations.
- Write a daily report, summarising all the newsworthy information of the regional refined products market.
- Attend industry conferences and events to engage with industry participants.
- Advocate and explain externally Sparta’s role in markets.
- Pricing analysis/editorial experience in the oil markets.
- Established trading contacts in the industry.
- General knowledge of the energy markets, with an understanding of back/middle/front office operations and in particular arbitrage and blending economics.
- Strong numeracy skills including ability to understand the basic principles of statistics and to apply basic maths functions in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of role types and personalities, internally and externally.
- High intellectual curiosity with a self-starter mindset and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform well to tight deadlines.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Cultural and social sensitivity.
Headquartered in Switzerland, we are a rapidly scaling, VC backed business with subsidiaries in the UK, Spain, US, Dubai and Singapore. We focus on providing only actionable pricing and actionable insights to commodity traders and have the ambition to transform the market and to become the leading end to end platform for traders in all commodities verticals. Following great market traction and the financial backing from Venture Investors, we are on a path to scale globally and are preparing for take-off.
What we offer
- An opportunity to be part of a disruptive scale-up that is challenging the status quo on commodity trading data and analytics.
- Enjoyable, fast paced and challenging environment, working alongside a great and dedicated bunch of “A” player colleagues.
- Competitive package.
- Attractive company stock option plan.
- 100% remote working.
- Training and education budget.
Sparta Commodities is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business, we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.