Partner Sales Manager – Middle East
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is defining the present and future of digital experiences on the internet. Our SaaS solutions enhance the capabilities of Drupal and other open source and proprietary platforms for our customers to provide contextually relevant content to their users. Acquia is a high-growth company, so this position isn’t for the faint of heart. However, if you enjoy the thrill of riding the rapids and love the sense of accomplishment after having navigated tricky obstacles, then Acquia will be a continually rewarding experience for you.
We’re looking for an experienced A-Player to join our high-achieving EMEA New Business team to manage sales through, and alongside, our partners across the Middle East, based out of Dubai. This role is a senior commercial role managing direct sales opportunities (co-selling with partners where possible) as well as managing and growing the ecosystem of reseller partners in the region. You will be responsible for generating, developing and closing business with our Partners, covering Digital Agencies, Full-Service Agencies, Strategic Consulting Companies and System Integrators. This will be a quota carrying role with a dual focus on pro-active pipeline generation through your own activities as well as through partners to exceed quota.
What’s needed to succeed
The right candidate will have a track record of exceeding expectations, demonstrate a high degree of motivation and thrive in a hyper-growth environment. You believe in selling both with (Co-selling) and through Partners (Re-selling). You understand how to combine services and software to deliver customer solutions. You know how to build alignment and consensus between internal colleagues and Partner employees at all levels. The focus will be on:
- Building Acquia’s brand and growing market share through all available customer-facing functions to directly engage local client prospects (from initial contact through to signed contract)
- Maturing and developing deep relationships with emerging partners in the Middle East who can support consistent and predictable business growth.
- Identifying, recruiting and empowering new partners in the region, in particular, partners who can drive a re-sell motion of Acquia solutions.
You will demonstrate a clear passion and drive for results, excellent relationship skills, and a deliberate attention to detail and be experienced in building direct client as well as partner/reseller relationships.
- Opportunity management from inbound leads to closed/won customers including relationship management and hand-off to the account management and customer success teams.
- Personal pipeline generation using a combination of outreach tools and channels, including partner-assisted campaigns and co-marketing with partners.
- Drive partner sourced and influenced revenue to achieve and exceed target.
- Develop, build and maintain strong business relationships with “partner” executives (including C-level) across sales, marketing and technical delivery teams.
- Develop partner-led solutions, identify and qualify new opportunities to expand partner’s usage of Acquia solutions.
- Create and execute on business plans and sales and channel marketing activities to achieve revenue goals and grow partner base profitability.
- Provide executive engagement and partner advocacy to ensure world-class partner satisfaction from enablement to sales to support.
- Develop strong and capable partners to drive and achieve sales targets.
- Help partners build sales and delivery capacity.
- Support certification, specialization & capacity planning.
- Ensure effective use of cross-functional resources and understand how to use these resources and skill sets to execute the plan and achieve results.
- Actively identify, drive and own partner-led opportunities and conduct regular opportunity reviews with partners.
- Measure and manage partners’ success against metrics to maximise Win-Win results and strategic partner investments.
- Leverage the existing programs and establish local practices to work with the dynamic Drupal open source community.
- Act as the ‘CEO’ of your own business, taking responsibility for performance, managing relationships across teams, and creating the necessary conditions for success.
Qualifications / Experience required
- 4+ years of experience in digital agency, services, software, or channel sales roles.
- Experience working with technology resellers
- Prior experience in business development and managing customer or partner relationships (with digital agencies, and both large & small system integrators).
- Understanding of software product sales, preferably with a background in web based technologies (SaaS, Paas, SOA, Commerce, Cloud, WCM, Digital Experience Platforms, Social Software).
- Strong analytical and writing abilities and exceptional presentation skills.
- Strategic and critical thinking, judgment, and decision making in measuring and managing the business.
- Based in Dubai.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Bonus: experience working in strategic partnership with AWS
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.