Operations, Finance and Compliance Manager
Built on decades of climate technology experience, Voyager Ventures invests in exceptional technology companies creating the foundations of a new, decarbonized economy.
We are a team of experienced investors, founders, company-builders and policy-makers who know how to invest and build for scale. Since 2015, Voyager’s founders have invested in more than 40 early-stage climate technology companies in North America and Europe. We bring our experience and networks to accelerate the success of ambitious early-stage founding teams in North America and Europe, investing in software and hardware companies driving decarbonization worldwide.
About the Role
We are a small team accustomed to getting things done. To move even more quickly, we seek an Operations, Finance and Compliance Manager to run the internal and financial operations of the firm with a strong focus on operational excellence.
Flexible / remote within the United States.
- Oversee and manage the financial operations of the management company, including budgeting, cash flow, digital asset management, and expenditure oversight.
- Manage the firm’s third-party CFO/COO service’s comprehensive strategic finance planning and review processes for capital calls, distributions, management fee disbursements, and the allocation of funds between Limited Partners (LPs) and General Partners (GPs).
- Coordinate fund operations and financial management in collaboration with fund administrators, as well as tax, audit, and legal teams.
- Support the partnership in reviewing portfolio companies, monitoring financial performance, and preparing LP reports, including valuation updates, communication letters, and presentations for the Limited Partner Advisory Committee (LPAC).
- Review banking and financial operations, and coordinate wires.
- Drive, document, and continually improve the firm’s investment process and document management. Ensure all deals have the appropriate reviews and sign-offs for investment from Partners and with finance and legal. Manage the closing process in collaboration with the investment teams and legal service providers.
- Manage third-party vendors and service providers. Review and negotiate contracts and optimize annual service relationships.
- Manage and optimize internal documentation, filing, and asset organization.
- Lead internal operations of the firm to include development of strategy, initiatives, and execution of key operations functions to help the firm continue operating in accordance with industry best practices.
- Track firm key analytics and recommend improvements/new strategies as applicable.
- Develop and execute programs to onboard newly-funded portfolio companies.
- Manage Voyager’s expansion outside of the US in partnership with our legal + service providers.
Investor Relations Responsibilities
- Support investor relations with crisp and accurate responses to LP inquiries and proactive financial information.
- Manage fund closing process and third-party service providers.
- Manage firm-wide compliance, including managing third party relationships.
- At least three years of experience within a venture capital (VC) firm or registered investment advisor (RIA). Candidates should possess industry experience and be prepared to contribute immediately.
- Essential knowledge of VC fund accounting and finance, including expertise in financial statement preparation and financial modeling.
- Experience managing portfolio construction models and reserve calculations.
- Proven experience in managing statutory compliance, with a working understanding of compliance and strategic operations within venture capital or private equity contexts.
- Desirable experience includes fund administration, managing capital calls, distribution waterfall articulation, fund and SPV setup and proficiency in carried interest calculation models.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in enhancing accounting processes, project management and identifying solutions for inefficiencies.
- Superior communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- A high level of professionalism, discretion and integrity.
- A willingness to embrace learning from diverse perspectives and to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams.
- A passion for startups and entrepreneurship, with the agility to undertake new projects or tasks with minimal guidance and adapt based on feedback and evolving information.
- Product mindset. As a firm, we prize efficiency, automation and productization.
Nice to have:
- Legal experience whether as a paralegal or attorney.
- CFA or CPA designation.
- Interest and/or capability to take on Compliance Officer role in future funds.
- Competitive salary + benefits