Online German Language Trainer – Lehrkraft Deutsch als Fremdsprache (d/f/m)
As a freelance online German Language Trainer with Speexx, you’ll be part of an international team that cares!
You will be able to immediately make a difference in the lives of our adult learners who come from some of the biggest companies in the world by outfitting them with the tools they need to communicate effectively in the workplace.
You will provide virtual 1:1 and group language training sessions via our platform and will be able to develop and broaden your teaching skills as opportunities arise within the Speexx global network.
What You Bring to Speexx
Can you answer “Yes!” to ALL of the following questions? NOTE: If you don’t meet all the requirements but are still interested in the role, please still apply and we will review accordingly.
- Are you a proficient speaker (CEFR C2) of German?
- Have you earned an official certificate to teach German?
- Do you currently teach online and have experience teaching adults in business contexts?
- Do you speak English at a CEFR B2 level or higher? (You will be asked to complete a level test to confirm your level)
- Have you earned a Bachelor’s degree or higher?
- Can you offer a minimum of 25 hours of availability per month?
- Do you meet the technical requirements (see below)?
- Payments: We can ONLY make payments to an IBAN account
What Speexx Offers You
- Be part of an international team! Full integration into our global community of coaches, who care!
- Work from anywhere and whenever you want 24/7! 100% remote and 100% autonomy over your work schedule
- Full access to our trainer Academy with loads of professional development content
- Work made easy: Google Calendar integration allows you to sync the Speexx calendar with your other freelancing calendars!
- All teaching materials and content are provided
- Free language courses for you and discounts for family and friends! See what you’ll save https://shop.speexx.com/shop/
- Paid initial and future training
- Paid and fair cancellation policies
- A variety of teaching services and/or pedagogical work to maximize your earnings
- Speexx gets back to all candidates who complete the Application Form
- Completing the Application Form should take approximately 15 minutes
- You will be asked to upload a C.V. and a cover letter
- You will be asked to verify that you are tax compliant in the country of your residence
- You will be asked to verify that you meet the Technical Specifications listed below
- As a final step on the Application Form, we ask you to provide us with a link to a 1-2 minute introductory video highlighting how your teaching efforts have made a difference in the professional lives of your students
We at Speexx are looking forward to getting to know you!
To ensure both you and your clients/users will have an optimal online coaching experience, please check that your specifications meet the following requirements before continuing with your application. Thanks in advance!
- Computer random access memory (RAM): min 8 GB
How to check RAM instructions
- Connect with Ethernet for best stability
All about Ethernet
- Central processing unit (CPU): Multi-Core Score = minimum 1300
Connect with Ethernet. Download Geekbench v5 (free trial): Run the CPU test and the CPU benchmark tests
- Speed test: Download = min 30 mbps; Upload = min 10 mbps
Connect with Ethernet. Go to Speedtest, set server to Frankfurt am Main, run the test
- Speexx Real Time Communication tool (RTC): Compatibility
RTC is the 100% GDPR compliant Speexx tool used to host online sessions, including your interview
Connect with Ethernet: Go to Speexx RTC test. Test runs automatically and the result is visible at the top
- Age of equipment: MAC: Not older than 2016 / PC: Not older than 2017
- iOS (Version 11.0 or later) Android (Version 6.0 and up)
- Chromebooks are not supported