Narrative Designer – Contract Position
We are a remote-first game development company fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, where all players can see themselves in the games we make. We aim to create original IPs, expansive worlds, and enthralling stories across all media platforms that are as enjoyable to watch as they are to play. We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated Narrative Designer to play a key role in crafting unforgettable stories and game worlds.
- Collaborate directly with the narrative team to set ambitious goals and partner with the larger team to craft compelling experiences.
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling tools to seamlessly blend narrative and gameplay.
- Apply traditional narrative techniques through systems, while also seeking innovative methods in emerging narrative forms.
- Demonstrate tasteful judgment in realizing captivating content.
- Prototype and refine existing proprietary tools to elevate the narrative design process.
- At least 2 years of experience as a narrative designer, potentially including other narrative-oriented game development roles, and a proven track record of developing engaging and unique interactive experiences.
- In-engine experience, with Unreal Engine being a plus.
- A passionate and creative approach to telling great stories.
- Self-motivation, with strong opinions and a drive to excel.
- Ability to organize and communicate information through various mediums, including Miro and Google Suite.
- Solid understanding of narrative techniques and the language of the field.
- Collaborative mindset, strong communication skills, and comfort communicating with developers of all disciplines.
- Exceptional creative writing skills, especially in dialogue.
- Experience in shipping multiplayer games.
- Experience in multiple game genres.