Manager, People & Culture – Remote
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in the consulting space. As the Manager, People & Culture, you play a crucial role in shaping the organizational culture and ensuring that their HR practices align with business objectives. The successful candidate will oversee various aspects, including talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, and compliance. This role extends to responsibilities related to compensation, benefits administration, payroll, and workforce planning. By fostering a positive workplace culture, you will contribute to the achievement of business goals through effective HR strategies and initiatives.
What you will do:
- Promote a positive workplace culture, address employee questions and concerns
- Lead culture-building initiatives and programs, including team-building events and recognition programs.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with other managers, serving as a valued HR advisor.
- Keep the employee handbook up-to-date and communicate policies and procedures.
- Bet at the fore-front of employee relations, recommending appropriate actions for optimal performance.
- Implement strategies to enhance skills and capabilities of the workforce.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in employee development.
- Manage the recruitment of qualified applicants for hotel open positions and ensures that hiring standards are followed (i.e. Interviewing, reference checks, team interviews).
- Provide direction, coaching and counseling on Human Resource issues such as performance management and employee relations.
- Provide a sounding board for colleague concerns, mediating solutions and initiating change as needed.
- Provide functional direction and ensure compliance of all legal requirements.
- Maintain high level of employee satisfaction and team spirit by fostering a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Maintain a high level of effective communication throughout the hotel.
- Ensures new employee health and safety orientation is completed.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or coursework in Human Resources or a related field is an assetMinimum 4-6 years’ experience as an HR Generalist
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in handling sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team building and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- High degree of professionalism, resourcefulness and dedication
For consideration, please apply online. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in MaxPeople but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.