Manager, Institutional Membership
Join a fast-growing, impact-focused team supporting the nation’s top purpose-driven organization leaders as they strategize and act to make the world a more equitable and just place. Our Institutional Members include Fortune 500 companies alongside leading Foundations and Financial firms. As part of this role you will be working with senior leaders to support their leadership and their organization’s internal and external impact across a range of issue areas.
The Manager, Institutional Membership position is designed for a highly organized and entrepreneurial team player who can support a growing portfolio of member accounts. The manager will partner with an Account Lead to support members in advancing their impact goals and priorities and leverage our offerings to drive engagement and value. Successful candidates will enjoy working as part of a close team, building personal relationships with our members while demonstrating strong attention to detail, quality, and results, as well as a deep commitment to the impact space.
The salary for this role is $80,000-$85,000 plus bonus. This is a remote position, with the option to work in a hybrid capacity from our office in New York City.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Strategic Partner to Account Lead: Support Account Lead in delivering an exceptional Institutional Member experience across a portfolio of accounts. Help to strategize renewals and upsells.
- Value Delivery: Uncover and distill each member’s unique needs and leverage internal and external resources to support them in accomplishing their strategic impact goals.
- Member Communications: Create email and deck templates, with support from Account Lead. Respond to member inquiries and provide exceptional follow-up communication, building trust and rapport.
- Knowledge Management: Maintain up-to-date CRM records that can be leveraged by various internal stakeholders, including tracking on member engagement plans.
- Administration and Logistical Support: Proactively manage scheduling across all accounts. Ensure that invoicing and paperwork are delivered in a timely manner. Provide virtual and on-site event support as needed, including occasional set-up and breakdown, and support with physical mailers.
- Opportunity Spotting + Commercial Support: Work across company to identify opportunities to drive greater impact and revenue. Help to prepare MOUs for new projects and renewal agreements.
- Industry Tracking: Stay abreast of trends and themes across our space; track opportunities and key learnings and communicate effectively across functions to further individual and team knowledge development.
What are you like?
- Curious: You strive to understand the big picture and how different pieces of the business fit together.
- Detail-oriented: You double-check spelling in every email and point out inconsistencies in pieces of writing.
- Agile: You’re comfortable in a nimble, fast paced environment
- Entrepreneurial: You come up with new ideas to solve problems efficiently.
- Dependable: You do what it takes to get the job done and proactively communicate any roadblocks.
- Socially conscious: You show a demonstrated commitment to driving social, economic and environmental progress and share our core values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Inclusion, Innovation and Inspiration
- 3+ years of experience in relationship management, account management, or managing memberships
- General tech savvy and interest in learning new things; experience with Google Apps Suite, Slack, Excel, Salesforce, and/or other project management software
- Well-honed project management skills to ensure the trains run on time
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail, with the utmost respect for relationship capital
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a start-up mentality
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Occasional domestic travel required
- Proximity to NYC preferred
We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work. We are proud to be a certified B Corp. Here are just a few of the ways we celebrate our staff and culture at NationSwell.
- Health and Wellness: Health, dental, and vision insurance, an EAP, HSA, FSA, and a gym membership subsidy for you + your family
- Work-Life Balance: Unlimited paid time off and flexible schedules to encourage your work-life balance
- Giving Back: Paid time off for employees to volunteer for causes that matter to them and internal moments to celebrate it
- Transit: A fully-covered Citi Bike membership and pre-tax transit benefits to help you get to where you’re going
- Net Purpose + Culture Index: Measure of our employee’s sense of purpose and engagement with our Mission
- Your Savings: Employees are offered a 401k account, and we match a portion of each contribution
NationSwell is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity and believe that inclusivity plays an important role in our decision-making process, both in staffing and in work product.