Manager: Global Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
Dentons is the world’s largest law firm. We’re the lightbulb moments. The bold ideas. The international deals. We’re a truly global, polycentric firm with offices in over 80+ countries. Moving with innovation. Making the decisions that will take us from largest to leading. From now to next. The opportunity is huge.
Inclusion, diversity and equity are core to who we are at Dentons and are driving principles behind the Firm’s vision and strategy: to provide clients with sophisticated solutions while sustaining a rich and vibrant workplace and promoting positive social change. Inclusion, diversity & equity are part of our business strategy and are led from the most senior levels of the Firm.
The Manager: Global Inclusion, Diversity & Equity reports directly to our Global Inclusion, Diversity & Equity Officer and supports the design and implementation of our Global IDE Strategy.
· Work closely with Global IDE Officer to develop and implement Dentons Global IDE strategy and priorities.
· Collaborate with Global and Regional IDE leaders and teams across Dentons to align approaches and deliver on IDE strategic priorities across the Firm.
· Project manage and lead Global strategic projects and critical processes including balancing project timelines, budgets and priorities.
· Work closely with others across functions to deliver IDE projects and programs and to support implementation of Dentons systemic approach to IDE and support understanding and implementation aligned with IDE as a key business driver.
· Support Firmwide IDE Leadership Council and Changemaker Group meetings including development of meeting agendas and knowledge-sharing platforms.
· Build IDE project timelines aligned with overall IDE strategy and priorities including cadence of IDE Leadership Council, IDE team meetings and affinity group meetings; track and manage progress against deliverables.
· Work together with Global IDE Officer and appropriate cross-functional teams, including Finance, People, Risk and IT teams, to develop and deliver enhanced IDE data processes.
· Identify key metrics to derive insights into IDE dynamics and which can be used to advance IDE objectives.
· Drive connections, information-sharing and best-practice adoption across Dentons Regions, including with Dentons Regional IDE teams, Dentons affinity group leaders and other functional teams.
· Lead regular cadence of meetings of Dentons Regional IDE managers and coordinators to communicate Global IDE strategy and priorities, ensure action plans are aligned, and identify opportunities for collaboration and coordination to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness.
· Develop and deliver IDE skills-building content for existing and new IDE campaigns and education and awareness programs aligned with IDE strategic approach and priorities.
· Develop and manage internal and external IDE campaigns and communications content and timelines.
· Lead development and maintenance of IDE messaging for clients including IDE brochures, infographics, video content and annual reporting.
· Provide support and guidance to Regional IDE and client development teams in responding to diversity including proposals and supporting broader IDE messaging.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
· 5+ years’ experience in IDE.
· A demonstrated awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity: gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, race, socioeconomic status, religion, education, age, language, professional qualification and role and other individual aspects that make us unique.
· Understanding of IDE trends and issues and commitment to continual learning.
· Strong project and time management skills, ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; empathetic to competing demands on other teams.
· Proactive, forward-thinking, detailed-oriented, personable, excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with stakeholders to influence change.
· Ability to interact and engage collaboratively with colleagues in a variety of locations across the globe.
· Ability to work well both within a team in a virtual environment, across multiple countries, time zones and cultures.
· Strength in problem solving and the ability to offer constructive opinions and creative solutions.
· Excellent client service skills.
· Excellent facilitation skills.
· Ability to work with diversity metrics and analytics; discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
· Commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
This position allows for the option to work remotely however would be required to attend in office meetings on occasion or when required.
Feeling excited about the potential of this role but not sure that you meet all the qualifications? We encourage you to apply anyway because we are about much more than just ticking boxes. We want to work with people who share our vision and commitment and will work with the right candidate to shape the role together.
Disclaimer: Please ensure when applying for this role that you are legally eligible to work/live in your preferred location. Visa sponsorship or relocation costs will not be provided.
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about inclusion, diversity and equity at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability.
Reward and Recognition
Remuneration and benefits package will reflect the successful candidates experience and country where hired.