Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future, and we want you to be a part of it!
Does running thousands of machines in the cloud without ever logging into a single box sound like the future to you? Do you like building resilient systems where even a second of downtime is unacceptable? Do you like architecting applications that can scale horizontally to perform billions or trillions of monthly operations? Do you want to power websites for clients that matter? Do you want to make a difference and have the power to design features and quickly see them pushed live to production?
Our cloud engineering team applies a variety of programming languages and technologies to tackle many exciting architecture and scalability challenges. Although we run PHP & MySQL at an extensive scale for our Drupal customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements in everything from Ruby to PHP to Go, and storing data in everything from MySQL to DynamoDB.
If you enjoy the thrill of riding the rapids and love the sense of accomplishment after having navigated tricky obstacles, then Acquia will be a continually exciting experience for you.
Acquia is looking for a manager to lead engineers with systems and software responsibilities to work on our Platform K8s team. The ideal candidate strives to lead an impactful team and recognizes their work is never done. The candidate also is comfortable working in a large organization, operates as a true teammate, has technical expertise to ask the right questions, is a thoughtful communicator, and is a leader with compassion. This leader should be highly organized and pushing for success through effective prioritization, retrospecting on continuous improvements, and inspiring change. Technical experience in things like Kubernetes, AWS, Linux, Docker, and Jenkins are desired. Conceptual knowledge of DevOps, domain-driven concepts, and infrastructure-as-code are also effective.
- Experience leading teams and people responsible for systems and software
- Knowledge of Agile practices and software development lifecycle methodologies
- Experience with effective product engineering practices
- Familiar with project management concepts
- Ability to inspire change through identifying bottlenecks, resolving blockers, and leading improvement opportunities
- Experience with quality engineering, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Ability to form good partnerships with Product Managers, Product Owners, and other departments
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Active listening skills
- Effective communicator
- Leadership skills and a positive, can-do attitude
- Emphasizes work/life balance and team morale
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller, concrete steps and outcomes
- Committed to a positive culture
- Background in technically relevant areas
- Facilitating cross-team teamwork through RFCs, reviews, and historical work
- Background in systems maintenance, automation, release management, and testing strategies
- 6+ years of working within a team focused on cloud systems and development
- 4+ years (senior) hands-on experience building similar solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related subject area preferred.
- Proven delivery skills, working with software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have skills:
- Desire to perform technical work on an as-needed basis
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- Desired to have previous people management experience
Acquia is proud to provide best-in-class benefits offerings to our employees and their families in maintaining both a healthy body and a healthy mind. Core Benefits include: competitive healthcare coverage, wellness programs, take it when you need it time off, parental leave, recognition programs, and much more!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact NAemail@example.com as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.