Mainframe Middleware Engineer
Job Title: Mainframe Middleware Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Type: Fulltime / Contract
Rate / Salary: $Open /Market
- Seven years of experience working in mainframe systems programming
- Must have experience supporting on of the three middleware solutions – MQ, CICS or Z/OS Connct
- Document and enforce data security with consideration for key dependencies of CICS and MQ on system Z.
- Expert knowledge of CICS for z/OS or MQ for z/OS along with mainframe related tools such as SMPE, ISPF, SMS, SMF,
- Maintain best practices in systems administration, high availability, metrics and business continuity specifically for CICS for z/OS or MQ for z/OS
- Systems administration-related plans, processes, procedures, standards and priorities.
- Troubleshooting specific to CICS and MQ on Z issues
- Identify and resolve systems application problems, coordinates with programming application users to determine symptoms and accurate problem resolution.
- Plans and implement strategies / procedures for physical disaster/recovery and contingency planning.
- Assists application development and maintenance staff with CICS and MQ on z questions and issues.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- DB2 for z/OS Experience desired
- • CTG experience desired
- • REXX experience desired
- • Vendor management experience
Note: If interested please send your updated resume to email@example.com and include your rate requirement along with your contact details with a suitable time when we can reach you. If you know of anyone in your sphere of contacts, who would be a perfect match for this job then, we would appreciate if you can forward this posting to them with a copy to us.
We look forward hearing from you at the earliest!