LawBite is a technology business revolutionising the legal sector and helping thousands of entrepreneurs and business owners to start, grow and succeed. Through our online platform, we seamlessly connect businesses to top flight lawyers and provide expert legal advice at around 50% of the cost of most comparable law firms.
SMEs perceive accessing legal services as cumbersome, difficult to navigate, hard to understand and full of hidden charges. In fact, in the UK, research has shown that SMEs lose over £13 billion each year by failing to access the critical legal advice they require.
Our mission is to change this by making legal services easier to access and much more affordable. Our virtual platform uses the latest technology to streamline the lawyer-client experience – delivering a faster and more efficient service.
We are now seeking a diligent and forward-thinking legal professional who has a background in managing a team of lawyers at a law firm, to join us as a Lawyer Manager and take responsibility for client-lawyer relations and improving existing workflows.
The lawyers who work on our platform play a key role in our business and developing LawBite’s reputation. Our lawyers are typically consultants with 10 years or more of legal experience, who work independently in providing legal services but in line with LawBite’s client service expectations, policies and procedures.
The Lawyer Manager position plays a pivotal role between LawBite and the lawyers on the platform to ensure our vision of providing quality, affordable legal advice to businesses is delivered.
The role covers all stages of the lawyers’ involvement with the business – from recruitment, onboarding, training, performance monitoring and reviews, client care, compliance, complaints and offboarding.
The Lawyer Manager also works with the LawBite management team and acts as a key conduit between the business and the lawyers – on day-to-day matters and supporting specific projects such as new product and software development.
- Lawyer recruitment and onboarding – drafting job specifications, reviewing CVs, interviews with candidates (in conjunction with specialist Heads of Department where appropriate), collating onboarding documentation and arranging for signature of all consultancy paperwork, providing initial 3 months’ support to new lawyers, once live on the platform
- Actively help develop our processes and systems concerning process management and client care – ensuring policies and procedures as well as best practices are developed, implemented and complied with
- Acting as a point of contact for lawyers on matters of legal/client care or concern
- Advocating the use of community and tech tools among lawyers (departmental email, Zoom)
- First point of contact for client complaints or issues regarding lawyers (working in conjunction with the Legal Operations and Customer Success teams)
- Working with the Legal Operations team regarding lawyer capacity planning (for upscaling, managing holiday periods and managing capacity to support lawyer satisfaction)
- Developing the lawyer community to support potential promotional, expertise or revenue-increasing paths for LawBite
- Ongoing management and organisation of firm-wide and department communications – emails, newsletters, calls and briefings
- Supporting month-end or other financial initiatives
- Support the business in client relationship building with key clients in conjunction with the business development and customer success teams
- Regular lawyer performance reviews and addressing specific lawyer performance issues
- Platform monitoring and quality control reviews – spot checks and annual programme
- Working with the COLP on compliance and regulatory matters
- Working with the digital product team in the development of lawyer-facing features on the platform
- Working with sector specialists to ensure document templates are up-to-date and effective
- Working with the senior management team to input on strategy and commercial oversight of the business
- An experienced lawyer with ideally 10+ years post-qualification experience
- Skilled at and enthusiastic about engagement with LawBite and our lawyers
- Experienced people manager with a track record of leading a successful team
- Team player, engaging and directing other departments
- Authentic approach, gaining trust from other lawyers and across the business
- Ability to work with technology fully remotely
Picture of success
- What does success look like?
- Happy clients and happy lawyers!
- Engaged lawyers, delivering expected outcomes in line with company policies and procedures
- Transparent monitoring and support for lawyers across the platform
- Effective client support as required
- Timely delivery of business-critical projects
Please note: We are currently only seeking lawyers with UK legal qualifications and experience.
- Competitive consultancy rates
- Career prospects to advance and lead within a growing team
- Flexible, remote working