RouteSmart Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, improving, implementing, and maintaining our IT infrastructure with a strong focus on networking. This position works closely with the Development, DevOps, and Security Teams to optimize and secure product operations for our expanding production and development environments.
This is a hybrid role or remote role.
The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000-$120,000 per year. RouteSmart Technologies, Inc. has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the US and base pay will vary based on experience.
- Assist in research, design, and implementation of secure and scalable IT infrastructure, networking, systems and security components, standards, services
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to infrastructure, systems, and security
- Continuously monitor the health and performance of AWS infrastructure, identifying bottlenecks and implementing solutions for improved efficiency
- Examine and analyze components, logs, services, and specific tools as needed
- Implement, enforce, and configure security policies, controls, firewalls, and other security measures to protect IT infrastructure from unauthorized access and cyber threats
- Stay up to date on technology trends and best practices adapting to the evolving IT technologies and infrastructure management approaches
- Communicate effectively and accurate documentation of infrastructure design, configuration, and procedures
- Work closely and collaborate with other team members on projects and tasks ensuring seamless integration and support for IT initiatives
- Perform other related duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Technology, or equivalent position IT experience in relevant position
- 5+ years experience with IT Infrastructure, networking, server systems, and security (network protocols, firewalls, routing, VPN, windows servers, authentication, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience with AWS services, networking and components (WAF, Shield, Guard duty, Load Balancers, VPCs, Security Groups, etc.) ·
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members on assignments and initiatives
- Commitment to providing outstanding service and a willingness to learn and grow
RouteSmart offers its employees numerous opportunities for professional development. Our goal is to provide our employees the chance to learn and grow as the company grows. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset. The work they do is key to our ability to provide high quality service to our clients. We also recognize that our employees are unique individuals with their own lifestyle and interests. RouteSmart Technologies pays a significant share of the cost of benefits for our employees. We believe our investment makes good business sense by helping to create a positive and productive work environment. Among the benefits we offer are:
• Medical/Dental/Vision/STD & LTD Plans
• Employer paid Life Insurance Plan
• Employee Training & Development
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
• Vacation/Sick/Holiday Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flex hours
• Casual Dress
RouteSmart Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at RouteSmart Technologies are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. In addition, we are not seeking to expand our 3rd party partnerships at this time.
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States.